Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where do you buy jig bodies? Local/online?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do you buy jig bodies? Local/online?

First post on crappie.com, hello everyone. I am trying to build up my jig body assortment in color, style, and size. How do you go about attaining a loaded tackle box? Walk through the aisle at the local bait shop and take 1 of everything or buy bulk off the internet? Also I see basspro and cabelas sells kits, are there any kits out there worth buying? Thanks everyone and the crappie are biting at Truman Lake in Mo fyi.

Post Thanks / Like

First off Welcome! Glad to see you here. Lots of good info and great people here to help.
    There are so many colors styles and sizes available that narrowing it down in a short forum post is difficult. I can give you the basics and you can try to obtain a few items that will get some crappie in your boat. First off is where and when you want to fish. Ask your local fisherman what is working best. Usually a 1/8 or 1/16 oz jig head with a crappie tube or lure with good color like black and chartreuse. Bobby garland makes great little plastic baits in the "lights out" color that really attract crappie everywhere in my opinion. The color of the head is a personal choice in my opinion but chartreuse always works well. You can go up and down the isle of the bait store and stock up on many different colors that are working locally. That is how I bought a lot of mine. You can buy off the internet as you want to try out new lures or color combos. You really only need a few jigs each time you go out so start small and buy as you need or want to try new combos.
    Trick is to spend a little and test out what works best in your area then buy more of what you need or to buy new stuff to try out. Thing is it will get expensive no matter which way you go unless you show discipline and buy only as you need. I went the other way and have so many lures and bodys and jig heads that I am set to go anywhere to try anything anytime. Did I mention I am broke now?
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

buy jig bodies in packs, the KITS usually have colors in them that you probably won't use making them not worth the money.

welcome to C.C hope you enjoy it
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the best place on the internet!
    You can buy off the internet, and there are plenty of folks on this board that sell their creations. Also, you get an idea what works best on your lake by supporting your local bait shop. Use all three!

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy them from anywhere and everywhere. Local and online.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do have some of the Bobby Garland jigs that are black with a chart tail, they seem to do very well, but I only have a few color options to choose from so who knows. I fish Lake of the Ozarks frequently on condo docks for the most part. Headed there Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

sent ya a pm for that lake