Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan Crappie.com cookout guest speaker: Jessica Baumann

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jordan Crappie.com cookout guest speaker: Jessica Baumann

I was able to confirm today that Jessica Baumann, Wildlife biologist for Jordan Lake, will be joining us for our cookout on the 17th. She will be with us from 2:30 until 4:00. I asked Jessica if she could plan to speak from 3:00 to 3:30. That would give her some time before and after addressing us to have some one-on-one time with many of us that spend a lot of time on the lake. I don't know if she will have time to put together a detailed report like she gave us last year, but she will be able to share some research they found on Jordan this year.

I would encourage as many of you as possible to join us on the 17th. We will have a good time fishing and fellowshipping with friends. Even if you can't fish, come join us for the meal and friendship time.

It's also important that we have a good relationship with the Wildlife Dept. so we will be able to enjoy an abundant amount of crappie for years to come. Having a good two-way relationship with Jessica and others at the department will help them as they determine regulations to make sure there is plenty of fish for the future. Jessica is responsible for ten counties (Chatham, Randolph, Guilford, Alamance, Orange, Durham, Granville, Person, Caswell and Rockingham), so many of us spend more time on Jordan than she is able to, so our input can be a valuable resource for her.

Hope to see many of you out there next week.
    Likes hunter, Big CountryNC LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance you can get her to conduct a survey at High Rock to do something about the abundant source of under 8" crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

We can ask if she knows of any survey the local biologist may have done.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great! Thanks!

shane1980 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree turkeyfootnc something needs to change at the rock

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to make it at least to the after fishing part of it.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17