Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what kind of led do you use on your bobber? anyone diy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what kind of led do you use on your bobber? anyone diy?

As much as we fish here we go through a ton of glow sticks and thill nite brite replacement battery leds when we night fish for crappie. i was wondering if anyone had a trick on how to either switch out the batteries when they go out or make some cheaper. at 3.99 each it gets pretty pricey and builds up. i saw on ebay they have replacement batteries for them and they don't come with the led on the top. i was wondering if anyone had bought the batteries and taken out the leds from the old one and swapped them out. here is what i am talking about http://www.ebay.com/itm/200922977897...84.m1423.l2649

at only $11 for 6 of them without the leds it saves a lot of money if you can just use those and swap them out. or if anyone has a cheaper alternative please post on here im just curious as to what everyone uses. i have glow sticks but they don't last long and aren't as bright as the leds which is why i like the led ones better since i can cast them far out and still see them. Thanks again in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Those are the same batteries that came with the eagle claw lighted floats I used which were garbage... The lights didn't work half the time... This year we used the mr crappie floats that you put the glow stick in the center and they worked pretty good this year... I personally do better if the light is just bright enough for me to see... I don't shake the glow stick much and just get a faint glow... My favorite lighted float is the blue fox which uses the same batteries as the thill... Let us know if you find anything out

Post Thanks / Like

Look a little deeper for the batteries
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-CR425-BR4...item20d6c75ade

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to try the thil flourescent bobbers and get a good blue or black light to shine on them to see. I have bought four of the thill lighted bobbers from Academy for $6.95 each and you cannot change the batteries. They actually had issues after only 10-15 uses. 2 had broken bottom stabilizers, 3 lost battery power or connectivity and do not light anymore. and one is still good. I will not buy them again. I use LED lights on my boat and they light up the bobbers well from 30 ft away.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kickingback View Post
    You may want to try the thil flourescent bobbers and get a good blue or black light to shine on them to see. I have bought four of the thill lighted bobbers from Academy for $6.95 each and you cannot change the batteries. They actually had issues after only 10-15 uses. 2 had broken bottom stabilizers, 3 lost battery power or connectivity and do not light anymore. and one is still good. I will not buy them again. I use LED lights on my boat and they light up the bobbers well from 30 ft away.
    yea i think sometimes the water also shorts them out to. im going to try swapping out the bottom half and see if that works i fish from the shore so i was hoping someone could tell me a easy fix to these but i guess theres not one haha