Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mtl 5-6-14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mtl 5-6-14

Husband only had enough work for an hour yesterday so after that he came home. We hooked up the boat and loaded fishing stuff and cooler with lunch and headed out for a 2+ hour drive. Got there around 11:30. Had a very hard time finding fish at first. None of Saturdays spots seem to have fish. I finally caught one and we anchored up because of the wind. We each ended catching 4 each at the spot. Then Went down the bank we had already fished and caught more next to bank. Husband ended up getting his limit and I got 11. Husband caught his on Mo Glo plastics and me on minnows. I had 1 rod with the Mo Glow plastics on but only got 1 bite on it. All males. Wish that lake was closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you finally got even with the Perch! I do believe things are juuuuuuuuust getting started!

Where ya coming from and which ramp ya slashin in at? Don't be a stranger and try to make your way back to the area next week.

U

Post Thanks / Like

Coming from the south around the Sullivan area. We usually use Lick Creek in the spring and South Fork in the summer. Like to set under the bridge in the shade during the hot summer. Also any breeze funnels under the bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you caught some. Thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

Good report,Im on my way in an hour.Never fails it will storm when im up there.I was in the middle of that tornado last year.
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYE View Post
    Good report,Im on my way in an hour.Never fails it will storm when im up there.I was in the middle of that tornado last year.
    I was too and I remember that storm. For some reason I opted to load up before I even saw the storm coming. No more than I pulled away it came on fast and furious. I launched at SouthFork on Sunday and it was rough. The wind was awful. Took home 8 keepers and I think all 8 were caught in 8 different spots. You could not dodge that wind. I only went because the weatherman said 5-10mph. Riiiight.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats, perch! sounds like you picked a good day to fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, glad you got into some fish. Ya'll should come back next week and come by camp and meet a few folks.