Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: zebco slab seeker rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default zebco slab seeker rods

anybody know anything about these? are the 12 footers graphite?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Nope

Quote Originally Posted by abarkley
    anybody know anything about these? are the 12 footers graphite?
    I bought 2 of the 12' 2 piece Slab Seekers cause a buddy of mine owns a Tackle Shop & wanted me to try them out and let him know what I thought about them. I bought them at his cost, which was real cheep!:D Less than $20 apiece for rod & reel. Even at that price I feel like I wasted my money. They are not for me! They are a glass rod with very little "feel". If you're used to a good Graphite Rod you won't like'um for jigg'n. They are OK for casting bobbers & Bluegill fish'n I guess. Too "whippy" for Spider rigg'n or troll'n.

Just my opinion.
    :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskers
    I bought 2 of the 12' 2 piece Slab Seekers cause a buddy of mine owns a Tackle Shop & wanted me to try them out and let him know what I thought about them. I bought them at his cost, which was real cheep!:D Less than $20 apiece for rod & reel. Even at that price I feel like I wasted my money. They are not for me! They are a glass rod with very little "feel". If you're used to a good Graphite Rod you won't like'um for jigg'n. They are OK for casting bobbers & Bluegill fish'n I guess. Too "whippy" for Spider rigg'n or troll'n.

Just my opinion.
    :D
    that's exactly what i figured.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the 6 1/2 ft spin rods, got em mostly for the reels with the depth stops on em. Really like the super light tips, bend with a real light jig so you can see when a crappie comes up under it and just barely mouths it.
    They don't sell anything like them in the sporting goods stores around here, I got mine from Cabela's.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek: