Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme to clear?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Pomme to clear?

Has anyone else noticed that Pomme, although a fairly clear lake normally, is just way to clear this year. I can see the tops of the brush piles and my jig over 12 feet down. Seems like we are spooking the fish before we can get them to bite. And they definitely aren't on the bank. The algae is really growing with all the light. Only found one cove where we could get a good bite and they were sparse and did not seem to relate to anything, other than roaming the deeper water.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I can't catch fish in a bathtub and can't give advice on something I know....only on the things I've read, you will need to adapt to the clear water. Lighter tackle (line/jigs) is one thing to do. Those who know say that clear water will cause them to spawn deeper...so they won't come to the bank. One of the problems I have when fishing deep is maintaining contact with my bait. Good sensitive line, such as braid, can help and maybe more weight would help keep the line going straight down. It could be that you're getting bites and you just aren't feeling them because with lots of line out you may not feel or see a bite. Lots of people fish those deep brushpiles at Pomme and I think the locations are pretty well known. I keep telling myself that the enjoyment comes more from getting out there and not in catching fish every time.....then I call myself a liar

Keep after them and good luck.
    Likes oldjack25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

what part of the lake you at sounds like up the rivers the water is stained and they are up close to bank per reports i got over the weekend good luck

Post Thanks / Like

It was pretty clear up around the dam a couple weeks ago. I agree the moss is gonna take over, hopefully we'll get some rain the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Pomme is clearer than normal for this time of the year, hardly any rain. If you can fish the low light periods of the day and cloudy days I think you will do better. We caught a good mess last night by fishing the last hour of daylight, although they were biting pretty light. Last week we had a really cloudy morning and the fish were nailing everything.

Post Thanks / Like

I like fishing on the Lindy arm but we went up above marker 7 and still found water too clear for my taste. Wish I could go earlier or later but the partner, she doesn't get around to good then there are not enough hours in the day to stay out late. Maybe rain forecast for this week will help.