Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Healthy Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Healthy Crappie

Yesterday morning, Jerry and I went out on Lake Hamilton to do some scouting to see what the recent weather change had done to the crappie.

Jerry put it on me catching 8 out of the 10. We hit 7 spots and they're all from 13 to 15" long where the biggest one weighed a 1lb.13oz. Anyway, the fish on both Hamilton and Greeson, especially Hamilton, are extremely healthy. When I filleted them out, some of the fillets were an inch, maybe an inch and a half, thick easy. Each fish has plenty of belly meat and the females are starting to put on eggs for next year. I really think our shad population has been the primary contributor to their good health. We're seeing more and more 2's and near 2's each year.

Don't forget, tis the season and if you want to come to Arkansas after some of these healthy slabs, I'm still doing some ebay auctions and they can always be found by doing the search "guided fishing trip." Here's the link to the current one ending Sunday -- http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-...7089546&lk=URL

Unless the weather changes dramatically, we're probably going to be in a fall feeding pattern well into January and the way things are looking next spring is going to be a good one.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I hated outfishing you in your own boat! Who's that you got to hold the fish up for their picture?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

That my good friend and neighbor David. He's a state highway policeman and was courteous enough to do me that favor. After all, I'd held them up, but I've got one of those faces made for radio and he can now do some dogging on his trooper buddies. All in good fun.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

the fish being caught here are also getting their share of shad for dinner. the males and females both have rolls of fat in them. they should really be in good shape when it turns cold enough to put'em down for the winter. good looking string of crappie.

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY