Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help finding a flats style hat for my little boy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help finding a flats style hat for my little boy

With sunshine and hot weather here, my 2.5yo is on the boat with me now and I need to find a good long billed flats style hat with ear/neck flap but can't find anything for toddlers. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I saw one at BPS last time I was in there. My grandson is 2 and I was looking at stuff for him.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Sunblock an hour before going out, then every hour out in the sun. Cant help with the hat though. In put a damp white rag under my hat that lays down the back of my neck and ears when its hot. A dry white rag when its just for blocking the sun.
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wear one of these over my C.c baseball style hat : http://www.basspro.com/Glacier-Glove...SSSELL_PRODUCT (maybe not the exact same brand, but similar product)
    Mine has velcro on the band, so it's adjustable to fit smaller/larger head sizes.

Occasionally I'll wear a "boonie" hat, instead.

There are the sun blocker "tubes" that wrap around your neck/face/ears .... and you might even convince him that he's a Ninja fisherman ( http://www.basspro.com/UV-Buff-Headw...SSSELL_PRODUCT )

Just don't forget to make him wear some good quality polarized sunglasses that block 100% of UVA/UVB rays. You're getting a double dose of sun in your eyes, from the rays reflecting off the water as well as from above.

And don't forget the lifejacket (on at all times) !!

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to be wearing the same gear, not only for your own protection, but as a statement to the child

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Gander Mountain here carries youth sizes.