Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eldorado?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eldorado?

Hey guys I'm new to south central Kansas and the surrounding lakes. I grew up fishing in the north east part of our state but now Eldorado is the closest to me. Since I can't make it to the crappie camp (sounds like a lot of fun) I am thinking of calling the old man down and exploring Eldorado this weekend.

I'm wondering if anyone could point me to some general locations on the lake to find some slabs. We'll be fishing out of an ole 16' Tracker so I would like to avoid buzzing all around the lake. Any suggestions on where to look and which boat ramp to put it at?

Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year the fish should be on the banks or close to it. If they are not on the bank then they are hanging in the timber close to the bank. I usually use the Sailboat boat ramp and head north and find a little cover or a creek to fish. Watch out for all the timber in the lake, the majority of the trees are under the water.

Post Thanks / Like

In regards to fishing banks, do Crappie tend to be more active on the windward or leeward sides?

Post Thanks / Like

That's something I would like to know. Windward or leeward?
    The best thing about grandpa's hand made jigs is they are grandpa's.

Post Thanks / Like

They like areas protected from the wind to spawn, is what I have found. Of course on Kansas lakes that is difficult to find.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out to Eldorado this weekend and fished a couple spots on the lake. I have to give a big shout out to Ragnar for sharing some great advice and warnings. Also appreciate the advice from fishingtim. Never got onto a big group of slabs but did catch a variety of keepers. Took home a 13" and 14" crappie and an eye just shy of 22". Even though we couldn't find a good school of slabs the old man and I had a good time catching some nice fish.

Have any of you caught a striped bass in Eldorado? I pulled up one at 16" and I'm 99.9% sure it was a striper and not a wiper.
    Likes shane, bdunn3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    Went out to Eldorado this weekend and fished a couple spots on the lake. I have to give a big shout out to Ragnar for sharing some great advice and warnings. Also appreciate the advice from fishingtim. Never got onto a big group of slabs but did catch a variety of keepers. Took home a 13" and 14" crappie and an eye just shy of 22". Even though we couldn't find a good school of slabs the old man and I had a good time catching some nice fish.

Have any of you caught a striped bass in Eldorado? I pulled up one at 16" and I'm 99.9% sure it was a striper and not a wiper.
    We only have white bass and wipers in El Dorado Lake. Make sure you can identify them or you will get a nasty ticket..
    Hook'Em!

www.hookemguide.com
    Likes bdunn3, ragnar LIKED above post