Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle Predator Owners Sell Them and Upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle Predator Owners Sell Them and Upgrade?

I have searched off and on for years on this site at Predators and I have noticed that a lot of the people that buy War Eagle Predators sell them after a year or two and buy a different boat.

FYI, I have aluminum and fiberglass but have always kind of wanted a Predator.

Can I ask these folks to please chime in on what prompted them to get rid of their Predators?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had mine 3 1/2 yrs now. not getting rid of mine.
    Likes splitshot LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

They are well built but seem a little crowded up front for two and the front seats are a little far back for me.
    "Don't hurt them" ....Donald Trump

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, it does seem to place your jigs about 2' closer to the trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess we fall into that category. We bought ours new in 2010 (2011 model Predator) and sold it just a couple months ago. We upgraded to a Ranger 619vs Fisherman. The biggest reason? Stability. We were getting really tired of being blown around and beat to death running from one area to another. It seems like every tournament we fish or every camping/fishing trip we take, the wind is blowing 20mph plus. The tin boat just can't compare to fiberglass in windy conditions when you're spider rigging 8 poles and there's just no comparing the rides. If you're looking at a Predator, get up front and sit down side by side with your fishing partner. Unless they've changed up the design, if you're the one sitting on the starboard side, your leg is gonna bump the front live well switches constantly. It's irritating because you'll turn it off when you want it on and not notice that it's not running. Different folks here on the board have retrofitted theirs to correct the problem. I also wish they would have left the front deck seating area wide open to the side of the boat so you have more leg room. I still think it's a good boat, but it gets really tight when you throw in a cooler, a dog, two adults and your gear. By the way, the 2 rear compartments on either side of the live well were NOT dry storage in ours. War Eagle calls them "coolers" and each one has a plug in the bottom. The only truly dry box was the rod locker and the front compartment was mostly dry (rain got in)
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes splitshot, EARL KITCHENS LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a Predator but have owned several other aluminum boats. I now own a Ranger Angler 1760 for all the reasons Mrs. Crappie Stalker gave above for owning a fiberglass boat. Their are pros and cons for each type. The best thing to do is try to fish out of any prospective boat before you buy one. Good luck.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got rid of mine cause i pee a lot and needed a boat with a tall rail to hang on to so I wudnt fall overboard when draining the bladder.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I've nothing to add; but, just wanted to say I've been drooling over the Predator for three years now. Thanks for the great info--I'll have to get in one for sure now and test all of this out. Thank you.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine thanks Canepole for wanting to sell!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    Well I guess we fall into that category. We bought ours new in 2010 (2011 model Predator) and sold it just a couple months ago. We upgraded to a Ranger 619vs Fisherman. The biggest reason? Stability. We were getting really tired of being blown around and beat to death running from one area to another. It seems like every tournament we fish or every camping/fishing trip we take, the wind is blowing 20mph plus. The tin boat just can't compare to fiberglass in windy conditions when you're spider rigging 8 poles and there's just no comparing the rides. If you're looking at a Predator, get up front and sit down side by side with your fishing partner. Unless they've changed up the design, if you're the one sitting on the starboard side, your leg is gonna bump the front live well switches constantly. It's irritating because you'll turn it off when you want it on and not notice that it's not running. Different folks here on the board have retrofitted theirs to correct the problem. I also wish they would have left the front deck seating area wide open to the side of the boat so you have more leg room. I still think it's a good boat, but it gets really tight when you throw in a cooler, a dog, two adults and your gear. By the way, the 2 rear compartments on either side of the live well were NOT dry storage in ours. War Eagle calls them "coolers" and each one has a plug in the bottom. The only truly dry box was the rod locker and the front compartment was mostly dry (rain got in)
    Its hard to compare the ride and stability of a lightweight aluminum boat with little to no bracing to a top end glass boat. Compare it to a top emd aluminum boat. Not all aluminum hulls are created equal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast