Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Catch crappie now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catch crappie now.

How are you guys catching crappie right now? I usually side pull in deep water. Have tried shallow water to and no good. I'm on pickwick lake the crappie are on bed. Water temps 67 last time out. I'm not doing much good though. Thought fishing was supposes to be great this time of year?? Needs some advice I got jig poles and casting rods just need to know where to look and how to catch???
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

If the water temp is 67 I would assume the crappie are in spawn or close to it. This year has been a bit different from others I am assuming because of our weather patterns this year being different than normal. I have been able to find the crappie in 8-15 ft of water holding about 6-10 ft down usually with some structure or drop off close by the spawning areas. I would think when the temp is more around 69-72 constant then you will find them more shallow and not all will spawn at the same time so the close by structure is your best bet. Use a sonar to find the drop offs and brush piles or other structure. When you jig, jig very slowly as they are still in colder water and therefore moving slower. Try minnows also as they are always a great crappie bait when they aren't hitting jigs. Hope this helps.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Check the Mississippi board lots of guys over there fish Pickwick. I go and fish every once in a while my inlaws live in Muscle Shoals. But I never do any good. Don't know where to fish.
    When nothing is going right, Just go fishing.
    Earl Dibbles Jr.