Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tornado Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tornado Pics

Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness when one first sees what is left of a home. My wife and her family lived thru a tornado in 1968 that destroyed their home and injured her grandparents next door. She is horrified when we go under a thunderstorm or tornado warning now. We have an interior staircase with a closet under it that gets converted to a storm shelter a couple of times a year.
    I have seen one waterspout on KY Lake but never witnessed a tornado on the ground. I would love to watch one in open country where no property would be damaged.
    Prayers go out to all affected by the storms.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up in West Texas, we would see them way off in the distance. And watch them - really quite fascinating to see. We would also see huge thunderstorms way off in the distance as well. Fellas I am talking several miles one can see out there. If we were in a arroyo at the time (called a dry creek bed out there), we would run to higher ground because we knew a wall of water would be upon us at any time. Some of you guys out there know what I am talking about.
    Randy Andres
    Likes Eaglehorse LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very scary

Post Thanks / Like

Keep those things away from me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I can't imagine the feeling of helplessness when one first sees what is left of a home. My wife and her family lived thru a tornado in 1968 that destroyed their home and injured her grandparents next door. She is horrified when we go under a thunderstorm or tornado warning now. We have an interior staircase with a closet under it that gets converted to a storm shelter a couple of times a year.
    I have seen one waterspout on KY Lake but never witnessed a tornado on the ground. I would love to watch one in open country where no property would be damaged.
    Prayers go out to all affected by the storms.
    Check this out, Feesh and his wife took shelter exactly the way you described. Never been one for a storm shelter but I see one in the near future for my family.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...on-Carol-and-I
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Heart goes out to all those affected.

Post Thanks / Like

Been in several.
    I will never own a house without a basement. My current house has a room in the basement that has block walls on all 4 sides. That is our storm shelter. I also have a wood burning stove in the basement. I used it last November when our community was hit by a tornado. We were blessed and only lost the shed, garage door, shingles, most of my trees, patio furniture and every telephone pole in the neighborhood. No power for about a week. Which means we also lost all the food in the refrigerator, and both deep freezes.
    I also have 5 gallons of water on hand all the time.

My heart goes out to those who have been in a natural disaster. Mother nature can be extremely brutal, and yet extremely beautiful. One observation I had relates to the birds. I didn't see a bird for about 2 weeks after the tornado. I'm guessing the birds sensed the incoming weather and vacated the area until it was safe to return.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Work in Tupelo, it's really bad, louisville got it really bad, God is working in our area.....
    Let the good times JIG