Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why are the fish being so hard to find

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb why are the fish being so hard to find

well i am over 60 years old and have been crappie fishing my hole life from a old cane pole to a 12 dipping rod and it seems to me that i have forgot how to catch crappie in one year .have been to Table Rock ,been to Stockton and have got two keepers all year so would you all please tell me i am not the only one in Missouri that has this much bad luck .fished from 2 foot to 30 foot of water and still just cannot find them .or cant get them to bite . so there is my problem.

Post Thanks / Like

The people posting on here have improved my catch rate. I pay attention to what they are doing and give it a shot. Maybe your stuck in a rut keep after them it has to improve. Good Luck. If I see someone has had good luck on a lake I am going to I may PM them and get a little more detail most on here share their knowledge.
    Likes oldjack25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It ain't just you. Just spent 3 days at Truman. Not much to show for the effort.
    going back Thursday.
    do it again.
    Likes Jigging15, oldjack25, dfar LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Because the fish are hiding so they don't get fined since they don't have Obama care? Ok bad joke.

It's still early in the season. I went bank fishing probably 8 times in the last two weeks and only have a couple keepers to show for myself also. Haven't got the boat out yet this year other than Warsaw snagging trip for a couple hours.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking that same thing last Thursday OldJack. I fished all day long with fish all over the finder and did not lose 1 minnow.
    Not even a nibble on anything.
    The way I see it is it can only get better.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep after them it will get better

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

We went out on loz the other day. Lake was the clearest I ever remember seeing it. So clear in fact in some places we could actually see the fish that were refusing to bite. I think after all this rain rolls through and things settle down a bit, the fishing ought to pick up just fine. Stay after it. If you get out after all this rain maybe try the off color water. Just make sure you use some kind of jig that has some thump coming from the tail when you swim it. This won't work on every trip, but the ones it does you might find you won't have nearly as many other guys crowding in on ya. Most guys run straight away from the murky water for cleaner water. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

try try try again just gets better or worse good luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer dingy, muddier water. First, it warms up a little quicker, and you can slip in on em a little easier. For me, the biggins are putting it in their mouth and jus swimming away with it....hard to see the bite. If you're slip cork fishin, when the cork rises in the water or goes to layin on its side, lightly set the hook...she's there. The littler ones were hammerin it....showing out I guess. Been fishin Mississippi most of the spring...from what I'm hearin on the MO site is that they haven't really started in short water yet....yes/no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydee1 View Post
    I prefer dingy, muddier water. First, it warms up a little quicker, and you can slip in on em a little easier. For me, the biggins are putting it in their mouth and jus swimming away with it....hard to see the bite. If you're slip cork fishin, when the cork rises in the water or goes to layin on its side, lightly set the hook...she's there. The littler ones were hammerin it....showing out I guess. Been fishin Mississippi most of the spring...from what I'm hearin on the MO site is that they haven't really started in short water yet....yes/no?
    Only a few. For most part at loz they are still staging off the banks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast