Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sayers / Howard / Bald Eagle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sayers / Howard / Bald Eagle

Whatever YOU call it... :p ...I thought it was about time we got a thread started on this lake. I was there last Tuesday with a buddy and we hammered the crappies.....could not keep a tube in the water !!! Most were caught in less than six feet of water and were slightly (1/8 to 1/4) under the 9" size limit but I did keep six crappies and three perch. I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has fished there this spring....especially since last Tuesday. Are they still hitting ??? How has all of the thunder storms effected the bite ??? Are you getting many legal crappies ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Irishslab Fished it alot 4-5 years ago before the regs. I think the crappies were big and better than, now I feel there more perch then crappie in the Lake now. I always fished around the Marina and the Bridge going to Howard and in the flats and trolled for them. Now I only fish that Lake 1-2 times a year now. It sure receives alot of fishing presure all year around but so does all the other Lakes in Pa. too!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

OK...someone has to do it :rolleyes: I'll break the five days of silence !!! A word of warning to all fishing Howard. I recently got a written warning from the "lake cop on a boat" for violating a restricted area. On the mountain side of the lake about half way between the lighted dock and the breast of the dam there are three buoys in the water and two orange cones on the shoreline. My curiosity got the best of me and I enter the area (using my trolling motor). When I got "pulled over" I was told that there was a Bald Eagle nesting on the shore and that they were trying keep it from being disturbed by the boaters. No problem with the warning... I did it !!! The next day the office told my buddy that the area was poorly marked and that they should have about 8 bouys. There was nothing posted in the BB at the launch. We have been catching lots of Crappies after dark but have been averaging only 8-10 keepers over 9" each trip. Most are about 8 3/4". PS---We saw the Eagle...It is awesome !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question It's that time again.....

This board has been silent much to long. Another three feet and the lake will be at the summer level. Looking forward to getting on the water this coming weekend. Has anyone been on the lake or fishing from the shore ??? Any action to report ???

RockyAker Guest

Thumbs up slabs last sat.

Hey - thanks for starting this thread - I've checked out the forums as a guest and decided to register after noticing this thread. We laid into some nice slabs last Sat. near the Howard launch - one 13 1/2 incher and several 11-12 inches (as well as a lot of throwbacks in the 8 1/2 to 8 3/4 range). Sorry I didn't have the digital camera along for the trip so I can't show them off. I won't make the trip this weekend, but will be back to Howard for Memorial Day wknd.

Post Thanks / Like

this is nice, other sayers fisherman, i have fished twice at hunters run cove this year, caught 7 keepers... It was real nice when the water was down, all of the structure was visible, now i have to rely on the fishfinder to get my bait in the structure...tonight i am night fishing under the bridge, i will post on how i do.

Post Thanks / Like

I went night fishing on saturday from 9-12 pm. Between me and my friend four fish were caught under the causeway. I caught 2 nice crappies, and my friend caught a catfish and a nice crappie. I am a little disappointed though, i was planning on catching a few more.

any tips for sayers would be great!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm impressed !

I have not been on the water yet this year so it is good to see your posts. I was very impressed with Rocky's report of 11, 12 and even 13 1/2 inchers . I hope this an indication that the overall size is up this year ??? Anyway, changes to my boat are are complete and I'm ready to fish. Memorial weekend is going to be a mess with the lake currently 2 ft. below summer levels. I wonder if the winter launch is still the only one open ?? If not, it's going to be "bumper boats" there. Anybody have an update ??? Good luck....and DON'T RIP THEIR LIPS OFF !!

Post Thanks / Like

i will be there for all of memorial day weekend, the levels are a little low, but not that bad...as for launches, i am not quite sure, i just used the winter one.

Carhartt Guest

Default Sayers Crappie

People were putting boats in at the Upper greens boat launch on Wednesday. Fished from about 6 PM to 8 PM, got seven keepers (9-11"), caught about 10 that were 7.5 to 8.9 inches and threw em back. Also caught lots of little perch, Good luck this weekend!

~Carhartt

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast