Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Here is another Tractor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is another Tractor

This is a 7250 Magnum. It is a Mid 90's model. 275 horsepower and 18 speed power shift transmission. This is a very versatile tractor and too much horsepower for its weight. Best to have too much than not enough. This tractor can pull a 30 foot disk harrow like the big tractor. It had a 28 foot field cultivator with chisel shanks behind it in the pic.

This by the way is My office. I drive this tractor most of the time. It rides like a Cadillac. Really glad We got this tractor a few years ago.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a red tractor that had a step ladder to the finder then more steps to the cab. It was here in Moyock, but it was just sitting. It was huge I should have snapped a pic but I am sure you have seen them all. I think they are the most popular tractor here in this soil. Where I grew up in Cali they used cats with tracts on them. I was told that tires couldn't get traction.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Dave, they make them way bigger and with way more horsepower since this tractor was made. Row crop tractors up to 400 horses and the articulators like the one in the previous thread are up to 600 HP and can be arranged for triple tires all the way around. You can also get track models. There is also a company that sells tracks to retro fit any tractor. Tracks displace more weight that helps with soil compaction which can cause plants to get root bound in tight soils. This can really hurt yield. The tracks help a lot in height traffic areas in the field. This is really Important for no till. The tracks also help the tractor get more traction for pulling.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion