Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Battery Cables

Post Thanks / Like

Default Battery Cables

I want to moved my battery from the back of the boat forward about 6ft. Can anyone give some info about the max. length of the cables I can use. Motor is a 1978 35hp Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

You shouldn't have any trouble going that far but be sure and use as heavy of gauge wire as they are now or better yet go one gauge heavier.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

If you got a set of heavy duty jumper cables they will work...of couse you have to put on terminal clamps, but you may have some...heck I got a set that is 12'... Happy Fish'n
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Heavy duty jumper cables are a great idea, just make sure they are quality cables. Some cheap cables have big looking cables but are all insulation and little wire. As far as length, many people relocate car batteries from under the hood to the trunk and they work great. Even with high compression high performance engines.

Post Thanks / Like

Welding cable will work. Heavy duty and not as $$ , Buy crimp on ends and there you go.
    Pete