Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: winter gloves

Post Thanks / Like

Default winter gloves

What kind of winter gloves are you guys using.

Post Thanks / Like

I use spinning gear in some pretty raunchy weather this time of year, and I find just plain brown jersey work gloves that come in 6 packs keep my hands warm enough and I can still cast with them effectively and feel hits.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Same as GRIZZ. I use the jersey gloves

Post Thanks / Like

i like the gloves that are fingerless, but then have the "cap" that can flip over the fingers to basically turn them into mittens. they work great when your driving the boat. mine have 40 grams of thinsulate. when it gets really cold (10 degrees F and below) i put jersey's underneath them. buy them at many hardware stores and hunting stores (all the bowhunters i talk to use them)
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

I have the open finger mittens works for me. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

I use the cheap jersey gloves too but on my right glove I cut the thumb, index and middle finger off about half way up so I can bait hooks and feel bites. I let my line run lightly between my index and middle finger so I can feel light bites and determine the difference between brush and a bite while I'm vertical jigging so I like having direct contact with the line on my fingers.

I keep an extra pair or two handy in case I get them wet and I keep another pair or at least an uncut right hand glove handy for when I'm driving the boat or it's just too cold out to have bare fingers exposed.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Try some latex gloves. Will stay dry all day, hold in heat, keep out wind and still be able to feel everything. If your tightlineing of some sort you can put other insulated gloves over them to warm up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default gloves

I have some industrial disposable work gloves that have a rubber hand area and poly top. They fit into my other Thinsulate gloves that have a similar makeup- polyprop and nylon. Very comfortable and sensitive NTM warm.

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

I don't fish much when it really cold, but I have a pair of glacier gloves that I use if I go. You can stick your fingers out if needed and they are neoprene. The came with some mittens for inside them if it's really cold, but have never needed that down here in the South.

When I had my bass boat they came in handy on cold days running down the lake at 70MPH

I have had these for over 10 years now.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice armor

Well, you knew someone out here would be the one.:rolleyes: I sprung for a pair of the $30.00 Ice Armor ice fishing gloves.
    My last venture out in the float tube left me with much concern for my numb fingers.
    Not my style to dish out that kind of cash for something so simple, but I'll get lots of use for them while ice fishing.:D Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast