Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: november crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Question november crappie

forgive me all im brand new at this and im wondering if anyone knows where to find nov.crappies i fished the saginaw bay last week and caught about 12 nothing real big but got a few anyhow.
    Last edited by justjigin; 11-16-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been coming up empty handed the last 3 weeks.

About a month ago off ford lake they were biting like crazy.

Looks like i'm close to hanging up my poles for the rest of this winter till early spring.I don't do ice fishing...so yeah...

Post Thanks / Like

ice fishing is great! you should try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me i've thought about it...bad thing is,I tend to get sick faster during the winter days.

maybe if i find somebody who's willing to go with me i might one day.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have thought about ice fishing, but then i realize that without the proper equipment i would only be out for a few minutes at a time. Fish, go heat up, fish, go heat up...the cycle would be crazy.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanksgiving specks

Caught 27 Thursday afternoon. Deadsticking a 1/80 oz pink teardrop tipped with wax worm in 12 feet of water. Caught a few under a bridge but the current was quite strong so moved to deeper still water on a flat adjacent to a bend in the main river chanel. Got to fish very slow and steady right in front of their faces.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch there slabrus i to did pretty good 2 weeks ago on tube baits. so you work at jays been in there a few times my folks live near ludington. im curious of what waters your fishing around there.

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like you could be another slabaholic like myself justjigin. As far as the waters I am fishing go there are several great lakes and impoundments in the area that produce specks all year. In the Clare area I often fish Shamrock Lake which is located right in the town of Clare. Not a lot of true slabs in Shamrock but there are large numbers of great filleters in the 7-10 inch range. A nother local lake we utilize for some nice slabs but fewer numbers is Five Lakes located about 6 miles from downtown Clare. Most of my serious slab seeking is done on the impoundments of the Titabawassee, Tobacco, and Cedar rivers anywhere from north of Gladwin and south to the Sanford area. Wixom Lake near Edenville has tremendous numbers of all sizes with a lot of specks in the 12-15 inch range with the average being about 9 inches. If you want to go for the true giant slabs then try Smallwood Lake about 6 miles east of Gladwin. Last spring we pulled 21 over 16 inches out of there and had two just over 17. When you hit the right spot 12 inchers will be the average. I fish at least 4 times a week from end of April until the end of July so if you are in the area stop by Jays and ask for the crappie fisherman in the gun department, they will direct you to me. I usually have room for another slab seeker in my boat. Good luck and keep that line wet.
    Last edited by slabsrus; 11-30-2006 at 10:30 AM.
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D