Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: watch for signs

Post Thanks / Like

Default watch for signs

I have been reluctant to start this one. But, after reading some of the recent post that have included rules, it stuck out that this sight is family orienated.

My son got into some bad dope Monday and almost died. He has been switching back and forth between dope and alcohol for a few years. As fishermen/women we can probably feel what it is like to want to be high all the time because we want to be fishing all the time. I feel so stupid because I am trained to watch for the signs on my job. I didn't see them with my own son. He is in a Christ centered rehab now still going through detox. While he was in the emergency room, he kept telling me to make it be over so we can go crappie fishing again;"Please take me crappie fishing again.....". He was refering to the Crappie Camp we attended in Arkansas. To all that was there thanks for the example you showed him. Darryl / Jerry I hope this proves to you that you are making more of a contribution than just a fishing education.

To everyone else...
    Spend all of the time you can with your kids. Learn the signs. Do not be naive when you see them. Take action when you do.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prayer is sent

DP, I am sorry to hear about your son, but glad he is getting better and that he wants to go fishing. And thank you for posting this, I know it must have been a tough decision but it may save someone in the future.

See folks fishing is more powerful than drugs or alcohol!:D

Take a kid fishing and keep him off the streets.:D

DP, we will say a prayer for your family and your son. Again, I am glad he is getting better.
    Dwyane
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Proverbs 22:6 It will be okay

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Here are some words of encouragement. I was once your son. I am 32 now and on June 3 2001 I jump out of a car and fractured my skull in two places. I was not trying to kill myself but because of drugs and the devil was trying to kill me. After I woke up in the hospital the second time I began reading the bible. I was raised in a God fearing home but I left my roots, and got caught up in the streets. Anyway as I read the Bible begining in Proverbs it was as if Jesus was speaking right to me. I moved away from Oakland, Ca to Huntsville, AL and graduated from college in 2005. Let me tell you this God will see you and your son through.
    I am far from perfect but I do know my Redeemer is real and it is by faith that we are made new beings.
    May God bless you and yours and provide comfort in this time of need. What you all are going through will turn into a powerful testimony that will bring others out of bondage and bring glory to our Creator.
    PM me and let me know how old your son is I may have something for him.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Pepper thats horrible news. I would be glad to include you two on a nightstalk when I get thru with the deer season in a few weeks. If fishing is something that gets him high I will help you get him his fix any way I can.

I will pray for your family

Post Thanks / Like

I wish the best for you and your son.As a former drug user,alot of times i did it just because it was something to do.Peer pressure is stronger nowadays.Almost brought a tear in my eye when he said "Please take me crappie fishing again".My dad only took me fishing once.And that one time was probably my favorite day...even though i ended up @ the clinic dued to a fishing hook stuck my arm and hooked me pretty good.

To this day i hang around alot of teenagers that are big times in drugs and alcohol.It's my finece's sisters who are into this stuff.Everytime they come over i ask if they wanna go fishing instead of partying.I alway get the "matt,i will be there,we wanna go fishing with you".But they never come.I alway have a big heart for these kids.Can't tell them what to do,but only warn them what can happen when a party goes bad.

I'll keep your family in prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear your news and I do hope things bet better for you and your son.
    May God Bless him and turn him away from his addiction!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Dr P you and your son are in my prayers. Your story just makes me want to make sure that my son does not get invovled in that too. I try to take him with me as often as possible so maybe that won't happen not saying it still could not but hopefully it won't. Like I said you and your son are in my prayers.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don:

Sorry to hear Adam has had a relapse and I sincerely hope rehab will be the answer. When he finishes treatment let me know what I can do to help get him even more hooked on fishing.

I guess I'm lucky that the only addictions I've had involve being in or on the water.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

DP, your entire family is in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Don, hang in there and you and Adam come an see me when you can!!!
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast