Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman Spawn

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Truman Spawn

What exactly should I be looking for to find shallow spawning crappie? Points, cuts, main lake, chunk rock, gravel, timber???? I have struggled the last 3 trips. Sun in Tebo, 3 dinks. Tues berry bend, only Morels, Yesterday Long Shoal hauled water!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has different spots, and when you find one it will be a good spot for years. Some of the best will come from about 1/2 way into a creek and then all the way to the back.

Post Thanks / Like

A pebble or small rock bank that gradually slopes into the water, also it helps to have stumps and logs with it, fish any kind of the bank where it cuts in.
    I have been catching fish with a blk/chart jig a foot or less under a bobber, some hit it right on the rocks while others 4 or 5 ft off the bank.
    Just keep on moving until you find them, good luck.
    Likes oldjack25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Which arm would you suggest? Appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Tebo arm has been doing well this week, the Grand is starting to get good (according to my spies!)

Don't be hesitant to work some shallow water and if you don't find them back off into 8 to 10 foot of water and fish a bit deeper.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Hello mopacker welcome to the site, lots of good info being given , don't know if you've seen this but here's a link to the spring camp at Truman good way to meet some great peaple and learn alot about crappie fishing hope we see you at camp
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...-Dates-5-2-5-4

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Tebo was slow this morning but it should speed back up in the next few days.