Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: garlic scent

Post Thanks / Like

Default garlic scent

Someone on the Missouri forum was talking about some jigs with a real strong garlic scent. All the oil or scents that I can find that will not color my jigs has very little garlic scent to them. Can anybody tell me how to make my own garlic scent to put on my jigs, or where to buy the good stuff. I have hundreds of jigs, I just want to know how to get a strong garlic scent on them.

All help will be appreciated.
    LIFE IS TO SHORT TO FISH WITH A DEAD MINNER AND I WISH I WAS SOMEWHERE HOOKING LIP.

Post Thanks / Like

Garlic sent will work good for bass but crappie does not seem to like it very well. Berkley did a test several years ago using several different sents on severeal different kinds of fish. Most all test showed that when a crappie got any where close to a garlic sented bait, they left it alone and swam off. I have tried a few garlic sented baits myself and never caught a crappie while using one. But, who knows. It might work on some lakes.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think spike-it has a garlic based scent one that will change the color of your bait if that is what you are looking for.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garlic scent

Kroeger grocery stores have a cooking spray with garlic in it. It is the cheapest I have found anywhere. Just like Pam only it's their own brand. I use it on bass lures all the time. Like stated above, I don't know if crappies like it. I don't remember if it was in Missouri or Arkansas where I got it while traveling. We don't have Kroegers up here in Iowa and no one around here has it that cheap. It has a very strong garlic scent. Bass love it...

Post Thanks / Like

any of the scents you want to use can be put in a zip lock bag with your baits and the scent will leach into the plastic baits so the scent will last longer

Post Thanks / Like

Champit is correct. I use the same stuff on my bass lures. I actually have found Pam in Garlic scent. I spray the stuff in the bag that the worms come in and then give it a extra shot when I put it on the hook. Also not sure if it will work for crappie. LET US KNOW.

BUZZZZ

Post Thanks / Like

Let me be the first to say that it does and will work on crappie,things have been tough around here for quite a while but the Slab buster jigs that are soaked in garlic will catch fish they have been catching 3 to 1 with all other jigs i have tried.At first i was skeptical myself but after useing them for the last 3 months i'm a believer.Get a couple packs of Slab buster jigs and see for yourself,Jack Stevens 573-374-1337.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try chewing a clove of garlic and spitting on your bait....:D Better be the only one in the boat or your buddy will complain every time he's downwind.

Post Thanks / Like

Default you are tough!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Try chewing a clove of garlic and spitting on your bait....:D Better be the only one in the boat or your buddy will complain every time he's downwind.
    I bet your wife would make you get out and go fishing if you did that. I put minced garlic in a baggy of salad shrimp the night before I go trout fishing. I have never thought to try garlic for crappies though.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vanilla

I had a buddy that fished on the Calcasieu River and he swore by using some vanilla scent on his tubes. He would put a little in a film container and soak the tubes in it. He caught more and bigger fish than any one else I have seen on the river.
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast