Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twain - 4/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Twain - 4/18

4-18

Finally have enough projects finished and behind us at the cabin to justify taking a day to chase the elusive Mark Twain slabs. On the water at 7:00 with full intentions of an entire day of rigging as all indicators point to the lake not being ready for the shallow (bank) bite. Spider rigged the mouth of deep coves and would pick up a few fish here and there.......... the nice thing was that every fish caught was a "keeper". Decided to make a bit of a run once the sun got up and hit a couple spots that have produced in the past. Spider rigged a channel bend which transitioned up onto a nice flat with timber and 10' of water, resulting in an aggressive bite and good fish.

Bite got shallower (in the water column, not in relation to the bank) as the day went on and the water warmed but I still think we've got a couple weeks before things really start cooking. That being said, the fishing between now and then should only continue to improve (barring a 15' rise in water levels).

No pictures as manning the rods was enough, but between Dad and I we kept a limit to clean and for him and little bro to eat on that night as I had to head east in chase on my first turkey.

U
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report! I had been up there earlier in late March but didn't fair too well. I'm glad to hear things are getting better. I finally gave up and headed to LOZ since it's the same distance for me in Columbia and hammered them. I hope to make my way back up there soon. Thank you for the encouraging report!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Rob, you did a lot better than us. We caught quite a few fish but only a handful of keepers. Talked to some people loading out and they said they did real well in 2 to 3 ft. of water.

Post Thanks / Like

OK you Rob got me as confused as my hds 8 hope it all means you had a good time and caught a few. Good luck on the thunder chicken and I really hope to visit with you next month.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job U.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlips View Post
    OK you Rob got me as confused as my hds 8 hope it all means you had a good time and caught a few. Good luck on the thunder chicken and I really hope to visit with you next month.
    Yep Richard, it was a great weekend altogether. My step-father and law and I doubled on two longbeards @ 10:30 A.M. on Sunday. A quick text message to the house and both of our wives and my daughter were on the mule, headed our way.

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  60.1 KBName:  photo 4.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  99.6 KB

U

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on a great weekend, Rob! glad the fishing is finally heating up. the first weekend of May, My wife and I are trying to get a camping trip lined up, if we do I'll be at the state park that weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

My kind of weekend.........crappie and toms........hard to beat that combo. I gotta get up to MT one of these days.......been wanting to fish there for years now. Thanks for the report and congrats on the success on water and land.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, congrats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast