Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Some Days

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Days

Some days the anticipation is high. Other days you go just because you feel the need to go, no special reason. The day this pic was taken there was 2 other trucks in the parking lot, and you can see the calm on the water. Middle of march on Normandy Lake and cold. I was ready to go when I left the house, but when I saw this as I walked back to get in and go, It was different. I just kind of relaxed and knew that fish or no fish, this was just what the doctor ordered. Have you ever thought of what you love about fishing, or more like Crappie fishing? I have at length as I get an abundance of windshield time. It came to me last week that it very closely resembles a Dove Shoot. The guy next to you has never seen you before and treats you like he's one of your friends. You holler and pump your fist when the guy next to you makes a good shot. You offer folks whats in your cooler in case they forgot what they needed. Maybe offer a box of shells when they run out and you still have plenty. Do you see what I'm saying? We enjoy each others company here and on the water, and the folks we know here we haven't even met. We meet someone on the water and talk to one another, share spots and gear, tow him when he's broke, celebrate when he boats a good fish. The two are so parallel. I have anticipated September first since I learned to swing a shotgun, and look forward to most every fishing trip the same way. Like I said before, fish or no fish, it just doesn't get much better than what we share.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Well said.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, very nice Skeet! I agree completely!

Post Thanks / Like

Post of the century!!!
    Likes shipahoy41, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Deep thoughts.....didn't catch anything huh! Lol. I do my best thinking when the fish ain't biting

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post.

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen
    Good luck and good fishing

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Some days the anticipation is high. Other days you go just because you feel the need to go, no special reason. The day this pic was taken there was 2 other trucks in the parking lot, and you can see the calm on the water. Middle of march on Normandy Lake and cold. I was ready to go when I left the house, but when I saw this as I walked back to get in and go, It was different. I just kind of relaxed and knew that fish or no fish, this was just what the doctor ordered. Have you ever thought of what you love about fishing, or more like Crappie fishing? I have at length as I get an abundance of windshield time. It came to me last week that it very closely resembles a Dove Shoot. The guy next to you has never seen you before and treats you like he's one of your friends. You holler and pump your fist when the guy next to you makes a good shot. You offer folks whats in your cooler in case they forgot what they needed. Maybe offer a box of shells when they run out and you still have plenty. Do you see what I'm saying? We enjoy each others company here and on the water, and the folks we know here we haven't even met. We meet someone on the water and talk to one another, share spots and gear, tow him when he's broke, celebrate when he boats a good fish. The two are so parallel. I have anticipated September first since I learned to swing a shotgun, and look forward to most every fishing trip the same way. Like I said before, fish or no fish, it just doesn't get much better than what we share.
    AMEN! Well said and I love the photo also. It is going on my screensaver files.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.