Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Comments on this Ultra-light Combo

kmarker Guest

Default Comments on this Ultra-light Combo

I'm interested in getting a good, inexpensive rod & reel for mostly fishing from banks and docks. I'd like to get something that breaks down to make it easy for traveling. I'd love to hear people's opinion on this ultra-light.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Post Thanks / Like

If a 2-piece rod will suit you, check out Quantum's Xtralites and Bass Pro's Microlites.

Add a nice Daiwa or Shimano reel, and you're set.

Post Thanks / Like

There are several UL combos that are easy to break down and carry. I have a 5.5 ft Avocet UL rod by Mitchell. It's spooled with 6# test and it's a very versatile rod that has landed slabs and LMBs with equal aplomb. The quantum XL is pretty good for dock shooting and I know a friend of mine has two of them that came with a quantum reel; it's great for sunnies and slabs.

the next generation of slabhunters

Post Thanks / Like

Do you really need a package that small? I travel everywhere with my 7 foot 2 piece St Croix. I've never liked 3 and 4 piece rods, plus I've never seen a reel in an inexpensive package worth having. Why don't you let us know what your budget is for this rig and I'm sure we will come up with a far superior quality rig for you.
    Good things come to those who bait.