Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post removed

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Post removed

Can anyone tell me why my post was removed?
    Thanks in advance

Daniel

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Thanks in advance

Daniel
    According to your number of posts, this was your first post. Maybe you hit the wrong key? Welcome to Crappie.com
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Daniel. Post away!

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

I read it. While I don't know exactly why it was removed, I can say it was an odd and somewhat antagonistic post. Especially being new and your first ever post. It read like there was more to your "challenge" than meet the eye.

Welcome to the board. Lots of nice folks and good fisherman/women. Tons of good info and fun. Enjoy.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Daniel:

Not sure but I would guess Crappiepappy (the moderator) was trying to "NIP IT, NIP IT, NIP IT" because in his estimation it was spiraling out of control. It may not have been your initial post at all but some of the replies that were posted to it. It’s a tough job trying to moderate this board – probably difficult to determine what posts are going to end up going down hill so fast that one or more members end up posting something they may regret later or even worse, end up getting banned.

These situations have come up in the past and I guess it’s better to err on the side of caution.

(Sorry CP wasn't intending any negative connotations here - just stating my opinion without naming names or pointing fingers. I'll endeavor to be more careful and professional in the future. Daniel, guess I'll have to send you this paragraph in a PM since CP edited it out)

It will happen again and you’ll see it coming. If we could figure out a way to "NIP IT, NIP IT, NIP IT" when these negative attitudes and posts first start we could avoid a lot of problems in the long run. Sure we can ignore it for a while, but soon or later it gets old and somebody is going to get tired of it and challenge the instigator.

Everybody has something to contribute. This board is intended to be a gathering place for like-minded individuals that are willing to share what they know and learn from others that have had different experiences and to offer encouragement and support for anyone interested in pursuing the passion of crappie fishing. We’re all on the same side. It’s us (members) against them (persnickety crappie and changing conditions) after all.

Anyway, glad you decided to join up and start posting. I know there are a lot of folks that read the board for quite a while before deciding to “jump in” so maybe these little flair ups every now and then are a good stimulus for getting the “watchers” to become participants. There’s a bunch of great people on this site and I have met and made good friends with quite a few of them.
    Last edited by Jerry Blake; 11-15-2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: negative connotations edited by Moderator
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sorry Daniel,

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Thanks in advance

Daniel
    but your "challenge" post was deleted along with the negative remarks that were added to that thread. I'll assume you were being serious, and apologize for deleting it. You just stepped into the middle of an escalating situation, and for all intent and purposes it appeared that you were only adding fuel to the fire.
    I'm sorry that this happened to you on your first experience on Crappie.com.

.......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hello All,

Thanks for welcoming me to the board

I have been reading this board often for well over a year now.
    I apologize for not posting much... I have a problem putting my
    words to paper, sometimes it really takes an effort for me to concentrate
    and spell out my thoughts. This appears to be caused by a few concussions I had in my earlier years, But I would be more than happy to talk your ears off on the phone.

There is a wealth of knowledge to be found here and many generous individuals who make it the quality board that it is. Two of these people are Jerry Blake and Darryl Morris. I took offense to Sac-a-lait bad mouthing them, but more so I took offense to what I would call his False advertising. In Sac-a-lait's add for his guide service he gives you the impression that 3# crappie are fairly common and if you fish with him during the spawn you have a good chance of catching a few in a trip, Well to me a few means more than Two.
    I felt I was giving him a chance to put his "Money were his mouth is"
    After all 8 fish during the best 5 day span while the spawn is on shouldn't be to hard right! He also implies that the (Trumped up In Fisherman article is true in his add).

Thanks for allowing me to speak my mind.

Below if some info. about my trip to Grenada this past April
    I am 48 years old and have been a serious crappie fisherman for at least 26 of
    those years. I spent approx. 2 years researching Grenada Lake prior to taking a two week trip this past april. I had a blast catching some awesome crappie during the spawn. I mainly fished around the bridge at Gums Crossing and parts of Buttputter creek. I fished these areas hard basically from sun up till sundown.
    I was fishing out of my belly boat, so I was limited on the distances I could cover. At Gums crossing I would keep making a loop from the bridge pilings out to the stumps a few hundred yards out into the lake and working the brush in between. At Buttputter I did my best underneath the bridge on the old road bed, There was a couple clusters of logs and branches that were stuck under the bridge, The fish seemed to like this structure in the shade.
    I Had a good time chatting with the locals, Many of them thought I was crazy fishing out of a float tube!!! I used a 10' jig poll and had my best luck with a 1/16 oz red jighead and an orange and chart. tube. Man there's nothing more exciting than feeling "That Thump" on your jig then pulling out a big slab.
    It was 10 of the best days I have spent fishing in my life!
    I caught 4 trophies that ranged from 3#'s to 3#'s 4oz's . My taxidermist
    should be done painting them within a couple weeks (I can't wait).
    I released dozens of fish that weighed in the 1# to 2+ # range.
    I don;t know how to post pics, If someone would like to post them for me
    send me your email addy and I will have the wife attach them to an email this evening.
    Wow.. I haven't spent an hour and a half typing an email in a long time...
    I don't know what I would do without spell check.....

Regards,

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Daniel.Glad to have ya:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Daniel:

Welcome to Crappie.com and thanks for taking the time to share your experience and knowledge. Sounds like you've had some great times on Grenada and it’s good to hear there are some friendly folks down there.

I hope to fish that lake some day but it probably won't be during the spawn as that's my busiest time of year. Hopefully when I decide to give it a try I'll be able to find a guide or local fisherman willing to show me where they hang out the rest of the year. I suspect fishing down there is a lot different than it is here and I'd be lost for sure.

I’m glad you decided to jump in and contribute. We can always use another member that is willing to share information on their techniques and experiences that may help another crappie fishing addict.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Please take some of the finished mounts too!

It's great to have you aboard!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great story Daniel. Welcome, not that your new if you've been reading post for over a year.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast