Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cajun Fryer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cajun Fryer

Need help, thinking about getting the 2.5 gallon model. The larger models have two drains, one at the bottom and the other a little higher up. The one higher drains the oil for reuse and bottom gets the settlings. Does the 2.5 gallon model drain the oil for reuse and leave the settling in the bottom. How clean is the oil that is recovered? Is removing the settling a problem once the oil is drained. Does anyone drain the oil ever five cooking and will it last for thirty cooking before putting new oil in the cooker.

thanks agruss

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 6 gallon. Mine only has one drain on the bottom. I'll strain mine every 5-7 cookings through a copper coffee filter. All I use is peanut oil. The batch that's in there now has been in there since Thanksgiving of 2012. Usually when I strain it's about a gallon low. I figure it gets rotated enough to last for a while. Fish, chicken, pork chops, a few turkeys , all fried in that same oil. All taste good.

Probably do need to change it all out and give it a good scrub. Cost $70 to fill it up from zero.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 4 gallon and an 8 gallon. I haven't counted, but you can cook a whole bunch of times without straining or anything, just don't miss the basket with the fries.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.