Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I was given a new old reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default I was given a new old reel

Hey there everyone. I was recently given an old spinning reel by my father in law, and can't find any info on it online. It's a zebco 6040, and i'd like to know optimal line size, so on and so forth. also, if the anti-reverse is on, it clicks while turning the handle, but it doesn't if it's off, and I want to know if this is normal or not. if anyone can help answer these questions, i'd really appreciate it. oh, i did email zebco, but it's been a week and i haven't heard anything at all from them.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The clicking is normal on older reels. Don't remember that one so can't say anything on line.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Found one article where a guy caught a black drum on on that weighed 50 lbs using 50 lb line. So looking at the series numbers they offered that reel in I would say optimum line size would be 20/25.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

well, hey! at least i know the click is normal. i found that article about the black drum after reading your post. thanks for the info! if i find anymore i'll post about it so it can be found if others come into this reel.