Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal Classifieds Rating System ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Personal Classifieds Rating System ???

Is it possible to start a classifieds adds rating system? Some of the other forums have them. This will let us know who's who and what they are about. Before trying to do a deal. Thanks Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Been very fortunate here and on BBC both, bought and sold a BUNCH of stuff on both.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time look at the post count or time a member. The longer they've been around, the less chance they're gonna bite ya. Not saying new fellas are bad, but when ya know enough people, they can give a good character reference. Most dealings for me on the site have been nothing less than a pleasure. Good folks around here. With that being said, always be careful.
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

bought some 16 ft pst`s from a new member on here a month ago,he said they where in perfect condition.looked at them alittle when i got them but not real close,wed. i was gonna put them together and rig them and about 1 eye on each section has an eye exopied on ,junk.Whe i bought them he said he would also throw in anothe pole that was missing some eyes in the middle section,so out of three poles i cant even make one good one,haha.It was a new member so i new i was taking a chance,second time i`ve had trouble on here when buying something and i`ve bought and sold alot on here.Last year i bought a trolling motor on here and it was a month or two before i got it installed cause it was 24 volt and boat was setup for 12volt,first time out it sounded like a grinder,buyer was no help,said to bad.i have saw him list more trolling motors forsale so i hope if anyone on here bought one from him i hope they had better luck,would like to see a rating system.

Post Thanks / Like

Once upon a time I did trial a more sophisticated classified ads system on here that had "ratings". No-one liked it. I suppose we could try another one. But I'd need time to implement it. If you all are interested, it's something I'd have to add to my todo list. You all are welcome to let me know your thoughts. Some may even remember that other system.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I vote yes for the rating system. It would be nice to be able to check out someone's "reputation" before investing hard earned money into a deal that may go sour. So far I've had nothing but awesome experiences with the people here, but I may not be so lucky one day.
    Likes Brian Stucker LIKED above post

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

As moderator of the classifieds since they were started I have had very few complaints. If there are people ripping our members off it is important that you let us know via PMs. There is nothing we can legally do about it but hopefully we could prevent that person from ripping someone else off here.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought some jigheads and plastics from guys on here and had nothing but good experiences

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been burnt. But a rating system would be great. Gives new members a chance to build a reputation.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

i`m not one to complain about a deal if i dont test it imediatly ,the trolling motor deal when the guy packaged it to ship it it wasnt packaged good so i figured it got droped sometime during shipment and the magnets were broke.The rods i figure he bought them at a yardsale of something and he probally didnt really know what he had because they are junk,he hasnt been back on here since the sale.Will send a PM about the rods incase he shows back up ,their was two good tip sections so i figure i will keep them and order 2 new rods and have them if a tip ever breaks,haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    As moderator of the classifieds since they were started I have had very few complaints. If there are people ripping our members off it is important that you let us know via PMs. There is nothing we can legally do about it but hopefully we could prevent that person from ripping someone else off here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast