Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is no State Forum for Connecticut

Post Thanks / Like

Default There is no State Forum for Connecticut

This is intended for all the good people of Connecticut that would be interested in starting a Connecticut State Forum. Slab said to post it here to see how many people would be interested and that we would need a moderator. So let's hear from you guys and gals. I just moved to Connecticut so I do not feel qualified to be a moderator but surely there are people on here that are. Thanks for your consideration and lets get the Constitution State on the State Forums list!!!
    Last edited by BFVsForever; 04-16-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone can be a Moderator, There really isn't any exact rules to be a Moderator. Just monitor the board and make sure it is family friendly content. That is about all there is on the State boards. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I guess there is no one in Connecticut that is interested in a State Forum other than me. I don't know how to close this thread. I will not be checking it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be disheartened by the lack of participation from the Connecticut folks brother... just find you a forum that you can call your home base until you can help make the Connecticut forum happen if that's what you want. It will happen, but even if it did, you'd likely be disheartened again by the ongoing slowness of the participation there. There are lots of people from states that have forums but no participation... so they just participate on the main forums, new posts, archives and jump into any state and interact and participate all they want to.

It's very much like I learned when I first started crappie fishing from a boat... if I waited for someone else to go with me (or participate) I never would of done any fishing... but instead I would have spent all my time fielding excuses and rescheduling folks and not enjoying what I love to do the most... that's fishing and learning about fishing. Welcome to the site. I / We hope you'll jump in and make yourself right at home.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No need to close it, lets just giver it more time. And "what Special K Said". It's a great site, it's been a grass roots thing since day one. If there's a need, it gets filled.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

No state forum for Hawaii either
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the support. I'll do that. I am getting my pontoon (inflatable) ready to go next week. Trout season starts here tomorrow. I do not know how to fly fish and don't have any gear for it but when it warms up next week I will be visiting the docks around Quaddick Reservoir looking for some crappie. Oh how I love a good mess of fish!

Post Thanks / Like

There you go brother... that's the spirit. We're looking forward to hearing of your exploits as they unfold and we expect to see lots of your reports (with pictures) we all love pictures.
    Best of luck to you.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I will, first of all Quaddick Reservoir is in the Town of Thompson in the Northeastern corner of Connecticut close to the Massachusetts and Rhode Island border. It was built back in 1865 by damming the Five Mile River to provide water for the textile mills in Danielson and Killingley. Now it is surrounded by privately owned homes on the west side and a State Park (boat launch and swimming beach) on the southeast side and State Forest on the north east side. It has Northern Pike, Large Mouth Bass, Chain Pickerel, Calico Bass (CRAPPIE), Sunfish, Bullhead and Yellow Perch. Last year there were several fishing tournaments there. Unfortunately they are not open to the public. I fishing go during the work week as the BIG boats come out to play on the weekends. On weekends I will try the upper reservoir, formerly Stump Pond, north of Baker Road as there is no way for the BIG boats to get in there through the culverts. It is strictly a carry in area. Hopefully there are more fish as the only access is along Baker Road. I shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a few of us here. I, for one, don't post enough to keep a CT forum going. The few people I speak to on the water are looking for trout or bass, it seems. Bluegill and crappie seem to be my main target although...........I get darn few crappie but I keep reading here and trying my luck. I think the crappie I catch are from the shallow end of the gene pool that should be weeded out anyway. You know, the dumb ones that somehow survived their early years. The ones with average smarts and above simply laugh at me when I show up. If I stay real quiet I can hear them laughing.....honest to God I can.........
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, kycreek LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast