Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creatliner boats

Post Thanks / Like

Question Creatliner boats

I'm thinking about buying a new boat and i've been looking online at the crestliners. I was wondering if anyone here has one of these boats and if how you feel about it. any comments would be appreciated. I'm looking at getting a 1850WT http://www.crestliner.com/boats/boat_model.asp?BID=176 or a 1850 sc http://www.crestliner.com/boats/boat_model.asp?BID=44

Do you think this would make a good crappie boat. I also do a little bass fishing but mostly crappie.

keep on fishin
    fighting for this country(it can't always be someone ELSE'S SON)
    keep on fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

crestliner is one well built boat. you could do worse. wish i could own one. should handle rough water well. have driven some of them and like the way they handle. they are one of our sister companys and it's one of my jobs to test brand x's and compare them to the Tritons. it is a well built boat.

KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

Post Thanks / Like

If I could choose just about any boat on the market right now regardless of cost I'd probably choose very close to that fishhawk you posted with the full windshild. Crestliner has a stellar reputation with a build quality matched by only starcraft in my book in aluminum boats. I've never had one, but they are all over the place around here in NY even though there is no local dealer. There are a lot of them especially on Erie, because they are so well built and safe. I think they are more popular in the north because they are so good in rough water and thier larger boats are perfect for great lakes fishing. From my travels down south it seems that Triton is all over the place. You hardly see any Tritons up here. I would call Crestliner the triton of the north just because they build boats mainly for northern waters and Triton specilizes in the types of waters in the south. I don't really have enough experience with Tritons to comment on thier quality, but there are OLD crestliners all over here and most of them are fully usable. They are a little more money than most aluminums, but you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 11-13-2006 at 07:28 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

goodlookin boats, what price range are they?
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

You can price out a boat cusomized to your tastes and get the prices right on the website. Chances are you'll do better at the dealer though.

Post Thanks / Like

the 1850 WT will run about 24 K. But it's worth it I think. Trackers are more expensive from what i've seen and to me it doesn't look liek you get as much boat as you do with the crestliners. the only problem is i'll have to drive over 150 miles to get one.
    fighting for this country(it can't always be someone ELSE'S SON)
    keep on fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Same problem here. Closest dealer is 100 miles. I don't like the build quality with trackers, though I think a similar tracker would be less. I'm gonna go look.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Ranger Aluminum the last year they made them. I looks so similiar to the CMV 1850. It looks so close that it make me wonder if this isn't who bought the Ranger Aluminum division.
    I know I love my boat, it works perfect for crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I seriously doubt it. How old is your boat? The Crestliners have been designed like this a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I my opinion the Lunds and Crestliners are the best aluminum boats out there.
    I think the two you shown would be a better walleye boat than a crappie boat.
    The way I fish for crappie in Ohio I would want something much smaller than a 18' boat with a 35" draft. That boat is too big to hit the shallow brushpiles, willows and back bay areas.
    The only other place I fished for crappie is Florida and that's a whole different ballgame than Ohio. The lakes and structure and methods we use down there are quite different than in Ohio.
    In Florida we troll for crappie in open water, the canals and reeds and we don't have to worry about squeezing in tight places.
    I'd say get what you want depending on how and where you fish and whether you fish alone or with 2 or more people. Either way you won't go wrong with a Crestliner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast