Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tri-Lakes Crappie Club Saturday on Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tri-Lakes Crappie Club Saturday on Stockton

We fished out of ruark saturday morning from 7:00am till 2:00pm, overall it was a pretty good day with mixed results. Mike Dill and I started out on Son's Creek and fished the pockets and stump above 39 bridge throwing blk and chart grubs and chart swimming minnows. we only had 3 or 4 keepers so we moved back under the bridge and worked down the bluff focusing on the small pockets and keying on shaded areas. as we moved down the creek the water cleared a bit so i started throwing a bobby garland hyper-grub in smoke and we managed to pick up 10 nice males from little over 10 to 11 inches. the fish were in 2 to 4' of water close to the bank laying in the shade. at 10:30 we decided to make a run up turnback looking for some bigger females. we found some bigger males under and just below the 160 highway bridge throwing to a pier and letting it the grub drift down then bring it right over the top of the fish. smoke and blue ice were the colors their too. we culled all our small males and ended up with weighing in our best 10 for 9.19lbs. most between 11 and 12.5 inches. heres our results for the day.
    Tri-Lakes Crappie Club tournament results for April 12 at Ruark Bluff on Stockton Lake,Missouri
    1st place Joe and Mike 10 fish 9.39lbs
    2nd place Jim and Mike D. (guest) 10 fish 9.13lbs.
    3rd place Davey (solo) 5 fish4.93lbs
    4th place Bill and Lee 4 fish 1.67lbs.
    5th place Ricky and David R. 2 fish 1.17lbs
    6th place David E. and Randy 1 fish .76lbs
    7th place Melvin and Scott 1 fish .45lbs
    8th place Dallas and Frank Did not weigh in
    most the fish were caught way up the creeks guys on the lake didn't do to well. sons creeks 59.1 deg at 39 bridge. turnback 64.1 degs at 160 bridge and davey who fished solo found 66.2 degree water somewhere on the big sac way above CC. he had the best 5 and did find some nice sows. mike and i had only 3 small females out of 28 fish. sorry no pics. im the length master and didnt have anytime to take any pics and nobody else did that i talked to but if i find some i will be sure to post them.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to all that fished, keep thinking I wish I had the time to attend.
    Likes sacriverjim LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

we caught the small females on sons creek and the egg sacks were still firm. those fish are just starting up sons creek it is traditionally at least two weeks behind the big sac and turnback. they were scattered only catching one or two at every pocket while on turnback all the fish we caught were in one hole. the fishing on sons ought to be good for the next couple of weeks