Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Grenada Auction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feedback on Grenada Auction

The ebay thing was great. While no one won the auction, I did book several Grenada trips for this coming spawn. Seems like everyone doesn't have an ebay and pay-pal account and all that crap. But thanks for the phone calls and inquiries and especially the bookings and since it had the phone ringing, I've decided to leave a Grenada trip on ebay year round!!! You can fish anytime, doesn't just have to be during the spawn.

But anyways thanks again.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-14-2006 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I could not believe all the flack you were catching over this. I just wished I could get paid to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd more than wish to get paid for fishing. I'd like to give it a whirle, but I don't think I could do it here in NY. I'd need to find another place to do it where the season is longer and people arn't getting taxed to death. A lake with a variety of fish I could guide for with the chances of catching trophies. It would need a good local economy, so I could suppliment my income with other businesses. Any suggestions?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Fork in Texas but you would have a lot of competition.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Grizz, you have a lot of good lakes to fish up there in NY. I think the main thing is that you are proficient in catching multiple species of fish. Also means that you would need to have on hand considerable tackle, rods, and reels. After that is having a boat like some of the southerners do, to take your clientele out on, and your knowledge of each lake you would take them on. You never know till you try, but start out on a less limited scale to start. Talking to others who guide up there, but remeber if it's a lake you want to guide on, they may not want to share info with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default sac-a-lait

Send me an E-mail I almost bought the auction you had out...I might want to come down that way....Glad you did book a few trips....

TJ
    greenwoodpittbulls.com
    greenwood360.com

Taking pictures keeps me insane!

Post Thanks / Like

Guides have a real hard time making ends meet up here because of the short season and the costs of being self employed up here, or I would stay up here and do it. Also, I want to primarily guide for crappies and the crappie fishing has gone to pot here. I know many guides who tried and quit here, and I don't know any who made it with the fishing being thier primary income. The fishing industry is much better in the south.

Fork would be a great lake except for what you mentioned. It seems that there are some lakes that have a lot fewer guides on them. I didn't see much guiding activity on Watts Barr, but I was thinking of a lake in MS, Ark, TN, or maybe FL.

I believe I have the skills to guide anywhere and to learn the local fishing quickly enough.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

been there,done that,i guided on loz 1 year back in the 90's out of lodge of four seasons and it was a pain in the well you know where,for every good client you would get there would be 3 that was a pain(break up your stuff or loose it over the side,some would just drink and think of the trip as a reason to get sloshed,,yeah i still got paid but i'am not into baby sitting grown-ups just my thought's---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you're going to put your Year-round, perpetual ebay auction on today. I went to ebay and didn't find it or it's not there yet. I might want to take a vacation and come and see you.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Well Darryl, The auction has been up there for a few days...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:EF:US:11

and I know your too busy over there, but if you want to pay for the trip I would have one of my OTHER guides take you. To fish with the MISSISSIPPI LEGEND (as seen on ESPN-Darryl you made it on ESPN yet?), you have to book early. When you have 4 of the TOP 10 Crappie Lakes in the WORLD near your home-you get to pick and choose.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 11-14-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast