Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice ice baby.....

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ice ice baby.....

:D went up to shenango's 846 access area and did an ice check today. Found it had 3" of good solid ice. drilled 5 holes and the ice was the same all the way out to 30yds. thats as far as i went out. didn't want to go out to the channel as it's still a little early to go out that far. should be out by sunday if this weather holds.

Post Thanks / Like

We're a good bit SW of you, on the other side of Ohio, but our favorite ice lake had ice yesterday. I didn't get out of the truck, but was happy to see a solid covering this early. We're supposed to get 6 - 10 inches of snow tomorrow, though, and that can ruin good ice. Is that storm supposed to get you, too? - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

chaunc - looks like a warm snap on this side of the mountains. Calling for 50º tomorrow. We still don't have solid ice. Sections of the lake(s) skim over during the night, but are open again by evening.

Post Thanks / Like

We should have some good ice here! Yesterday morning at 2:30 AM when I was heading to work it was -3, heading home at noon, it had warmed up to 1 degree! This morning heading out it was 2 degrees and then got up to 23 degrees. Weds and Thursday will be above freezing, but by Friday it's back to highs in the 20's and low's in the teens. No real measurable snow in the next 5 days, so the ice should be in good shape.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my icefishing club members came by today and told me he saw 3 guys out at golden run. Not sure if they caught fish or how thick the ice is but they were there. I'll go up sunday and check it out. I'll post results here in the afternoon. Happy holidays from the B.O.I.'s.

Post Thanks / Like

my buddy has been fishing golden run since wednesday. he went out to the small island directly in fron to the golden run access. he reported 3" of clear ice. he caught 5 crappie about 10" and 11 white bass (he said large) and 2 catfish in the 20-24" range. he caught everything on a purple ant tipped with a magget. i'll report more when i hear it. merry christmas and be careful on the hard water. gary

Post Thanks / Like

just got a call from my buddy jeff, to wish my family merry christmas. he reported fishing at golden run, same spot as mentioned above, yesterday (friday) and catching only 5 small crappie. he said the water was muddy and he could only see his bait at approximately 6" in the water. i'll keep reporting when i get more info. gary u

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the 846 area with some other guys and did alright. I got 8 keepers and 6 throwbacks. 3 crappies, 3 gills, and 2 perch. 1 crappie was over 12". The ice is 6" thick. I used a ruler to check it so i got a true reading. Teardrop jig in pink and black tipped with waxworm. The baitshop on 18 is closed till the 28th and the one at five points ran out of waxworms and maggots. If you're coming from out of town, bring some bait with you.

Post Thanks / Like

went to golden run after work for an hour and a half. my buddies were hammerin the crappie and gills. over 40 fish between them. i got 2 gills and 1 crappie but lost a monster slab at the hole. some guys coming off the ice said they didn't do so good and some said they did. may try again tomorrow. want to get a few trips in before the heat wave comes thru.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey stumpjumper, whats your buddy doing at shenango?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast