Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: i-pilot/i-pilot link

Post Thanks / Like

Default i-pilot/i-pilot link

Looking for some advice from the I-pilot/i-pilot link users. I was looking at the I-pilot link and had saved about enough to purchase one. I was told yesterday that MinnKota has an extra $600.00 in hidden charges to activate the I-pilot link accessory. Apparently Minnkota does not let you know up front that to use the link capabilities you have to have a switch box and extra cables at an additional cost of around $600.00

My question to the I-pilot users is the link accessory worth the additional charge?

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember having to buy $600 in accesories when I bought mine. That was last year though. I do not know about this year's products. Mine is hooked up to a Hummingbird 858C and seems to be working fine. Hope someone else can chime in. I would call Brian at BBG Marine and talk with him. I believe he is a sponsor here and is in the know on stuff like this. Has awesome prices too!
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you hook the link up to only one depth finder , no extra expanses. The extras come into play when you start linking more than 1 unit together, and to the I pilot link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2fsh View Post
    If you hook the link up to only one depth finder , no extra expanses. The extras come into play when you start linking more than 1 unit together, and to the I pilot link
    Yep, hit the nail on the head. Also if you are adding a 360 I am pretty sure you have to have the hub to hook to more than one unit.
    Is it worth the money? I say yes even if you aren't hooking it to a hummingbird, I am running Lowrance and I like the Link remote way better than I did the Ipilot remote.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I already spent the $ for a network because I had 3 units. Connected the Link to the switch and it worked fine. It comes with an Ethernet cable and if you are just connecting to one unit, that's all you will need. IMHO.
    Downside for me is the remote battery. Get a charger for your cig lighter. Same charger as my iPhone, jut need the cord that plugs into the remote. Mine gets pretty low in 8 hours.
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****

Post Thanks / Like

Gene, I ran mine over 12 hours day before yesterday and it was going strong, the meter in the remote needs an update is all.
    Another thing about the Link is that is updateable, awesome!!! Rabbit has a choice of half or full speed and there is no RABBIT BUTTON, just gives you the option each time you push the speed control up or down.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes bdunn3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to do the update on my remote it shut off after about 10 hrs the other day and I had forgotten my charger. I just got my foot pedal out and kept on fishing. But I like to use the remote for trolling so much better.

Post Thanks / Like

The I pilot is great without the Link. You can keep extra batteries, no need for charger. It's much more affordable. You don't need extra cables to link to Humminbird, but I don't see the added benefit to balance the cost if on a budget. You get to follow contour lines if your lake is on Lakemaster charts. Can save more tracks, I never save tracks. The other feature is to change preferences of features that are on the Ipilot. I personally, do not like the size of the remote, having to charge it, or the display. I plan on waiting for the maps to be finished and an updated second version, before deciding to use the Link.