Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heavy duty boat seat??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heavy duty boat seat??

Looking for a good seat that's really heavy duty 350lb man! I bought a wise high back seat from grizzly jig paid $110 and it broke in the middle of seat on bottom. Its made of some kind of molded plastic that's not tough. I need a seat that's aluminum frame real tuff. I like to side pull and lean back a lil in my seat. What's best seat in your opinion around $200 or less ?? I'm mounting a swivel plate on the bottom with short shaft that sets on deck of boat in flat bottom. It only sets few inches off of the deck as your feet are down in the boat.thanks
    War Eagle 1754RG Side pulling. Kansas bow hunter.
    Booners & Bands Lodge.
    All men die few ever really live.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know an already built heavey seat, but I take mine and run a strip of aluminum or thin steel about 4 inches wide from front to back on both sides of the seat. Drill holes where the bolts for the seat base or swivel hold them on. Never had one break since then. I'm down to 330 now but did weigh 403 at one time.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out EZ-Poleholders ad over in sponsor classifieds.....B-100 Millineum boat seats.....they are strong and very comfortable.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes satdoc1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

K thanks guys! How'd u lose the weight arcountryboy??
    Booners & Bands Lodge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grantstricklin1984 View Post
    K thanks guys! How'd u lose the weight arcountryboy??
    I'd like to know that myself! At 370 & 60 years old, the ol' knees & ankles are about shot!

Post Thanks / Like

Started using my kids plate to eat and cut out all sugar. If I eat or drink anything that requires sugar I use splenda or the store brand equal. Dont do a lot of excerise due to bad leg, but I try to do a little here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a good plan see if I can do it
    Booners & Bands Lodge.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have access to a stapler that in carpet or upholstery grade you can disassemble the seat - PATIENTLY - and reassemble with a piece of 3/4" plywood. Didi that a lot years back when they rotted out. One of my original seats broke halfway down the back, it was also roto molded plastic. I cut a piece of restaurant grade cutting board the same thickness and cut it to fit, softened the edges so they wouldn't rub through the material, and re-assembled it. No one, not even me, can tell which one of the 3 I have is the one I fixed.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around