Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Astor

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Astor

Any body gonna be in the Astor, Fl area next week for Shell Cracker fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i could go or go with someone that knows how to get after them. I love shellcracker fishing but thing is i have trouble catching any around here. With full moon this week i know the crackers will be on fire this week! Let us know how you do

Post Thanks / Like

Al Gore sent wind, rain, and cold weather down there. We caught some on Sunday and Monday but the rest of the time was a bummer. Going back in 25 days to try it again but this time we are going to the North end of Lake George. The fishing is better up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Danbo,
    I was on Crescent Wed. and Thursday fought the wind both days but did come away with 100 pretty good size copper heads. Out of the 100 there was only 3 with eggs and they were red ear. Egg sacks were not very developed though. I dont think they were bedding from what I could tell. Goin back on the moon next month though to get after em. I think Astor is really close to Crescent lake. I may have to try that place soon.

Hookem

Post Thanks / Like

Down at Astor (South Moon Fishing Camp) this past Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
    Caught Copperheads & Shellcracker the first two days. Front came through and halted the bite.
    Eggs were not fully developed. The coming April new moon & May full moon should see Shellie's back on beds.
    Will be back there full moon in May & June.
    No more beautiful place than that area of the world.
    Likes Danbo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I am going back down on May 11th. It cannot be worse. This time we are going to the north end of the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there in June getting after those gills for a solid week.Will be on Woodruff mainly...may try to slip in one day of mullet fishing while we are there.

Post Thanks / Like

Was back at Astor this week, fishing Monday afternoon, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday morn for copperheads & Shellcracker. Only very few caught in southeast of big lake, few in Dexter, few in southwest of big lake. Some boats loaded up & went to Pine Island area & had very good catches. Fellow from Macon who has been fishing the Astor area for 32 years commented the May full moon period was worst he had seen.
    How successful was your trip to Ga Boys area. I have never been there.

Post Thanks / Like

I was bad. We caught a limit in Crescent Lake and in the mouth of Crescent in Dunn's Creek. The pads held the fish.

Not many found them.