Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just wanted to say howdy!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just wanted to say howdy!

Getting set up in Leesburg, FL. Bought a small place on a canal that connects to miles of water. The crappie (specks they call them down here), are just starting to bite. The bad news is, all the lakes are really low . Most are down 2-3', and that is a lot when the normal depth of most of them are 10'.
    Just wanted to let all know we are still kicking and invite you to visit the florida forum now and then to say howdy. Will still keep tabs on the goings on up there, cuz I feel like I know some of ya personally.
    Take care and p.m. some time.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from ya Dusty:D Hope your water levels come up soon so ya can get on those Florida slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dusty sounds like things are goin well you will have a good winter getting to fish in a sweatshirt and the spawn will be before ya know it down there,dont they start in feb?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Save a few for me.I'll be in Fl. for most of Jan.usually do the saltwater while I'm down there,but hit the crappie and catfish once in a while also.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget to check the stores in the area for some Andy's!!!!! :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i know the bass spawn is febuary/early march, i guess the crappie spawn is around the same time? are their slabs everywhere down there like in randy's neck of the woods? as in, are two pounders not very exciting?
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Well, will try to get to everyones input.
    Hogster: Man the water has to come up, any farther down, will have to trade the center console in for an air boat.
    Bugman: Hit the water a few times in a sweatshirt, but normally down to a t or a long sleve by noon most the time.
    Cook: Where ya gonna be doing the salt thing, we do that too. Got the boat for it and go anywhere from Tampa down to the keys. Got plenty of crappie around here, but havn't found the cats yet. Give us a buzz and let us know when/where you will be.
    Barry, my bud, since HEB in College station started handling it, brought 12 packages with me.....both the red and the cajun.
    Fryguy: Normally what we get into is around 11-16", but have boated a couple of 17's. Not that many bigguns, but plenty of fish big enough to stink up a skillet for sure.
    Hope that gets around to all, looking forward to fishing/eating a bunch this winter/spring. Come on down and lets have a fry.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.