HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: herring

Post Thanks / Like

Question herring

Does any one know where I can catch herring

Post Thanks / Like

Catch em on badin, norman and wylie pretty good

Post Thanks / Like

Herring on Badin????? Never heard of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete I am leaving for Tenn wed an last year when we went they only hit two shad an rest herring I always get them on hickory but they have been running the wheels 24/7 it seems like I have tried for three weeks I know from a pm you sent me last spring u said u can get them any time I will pay u for them if u can get them send me a pm thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready to make a trip to Weldon and I need some fresh herring for bait. Can anyone help me out?

Post Thanks / Like

I catch herring in Gaston. Just be careful herring over 6" are illegal to posses in the rivers up to the first impoundment. When going to weldon I usually just get threadfin from falls. easier to catch and they fit in those small stripers mouth better.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick08,
    A friend of mine couple of days ago caught herring on Lake Hickory at night time at his dock around 10 or 11 pm. His dock light is on all night and the dock is in around 15 fow which is perfect. In the past, I have always drop anchor off in front of the cove around 15 to 20 fow and put my light out and wait about 5 mins and I can start catching them. Couple of days ago, the water temp was about 3 to 4 degree higher when he caught them, don't know if the rain send them back down deep again. I caught giz shad at gunpowder in 15 fow in front of gunpowder wildlife access dock Saturday, one throw and bait tank was full, again it's before the rain and cold came thru. Hope this help. My friend Darrell place is next cove after you put in at Dusty Ridge wildlife access going down river toward the dam. After you take a left into the cove, you will see his dock light on the right.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinkin we bought herring at the bait shop at the bridge at 150 on Lake Norman. I know we have bought trout and shad and I think they have herring also. Can't remember the name of the bait shop across the 150 bridge on the left from the landing. I know somebody on here knows the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clod View Post
    I was thinkin we bought herring at the bait shop at the bridge at 150 on Lake Norman. I know we have bought trout and shad and I think they have herring also. Can't remember the name of the bait shop across the 150 bridge on the left from the landing. I know somebody on here knows the name.
    Was or is Lake Effects Marine. Nice people there and bait is usually pretty fresh. Was in there Saturday morning and almost certain they had herring. At least the sign on the wall said herring. I'd give them a call first. I just called and it said they were currently closed.
    TW