Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how to rig jigs to spider rig??

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to rig jigs to spider rig??

hey guys I have been spider rigging with minnows or a while now and I would like to try using jigs my question is do I still need to use the same 3/8 egg weight that I have been using with minnows or do I just use a lead head on my jigs thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I use both. Most the time a 1/2 oz sinker and then tie a 1/8, or Big Head jig 18-24" below that. I always tip jigs with a Minnow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like Brad, get with Donnald@Crappielogic on here and get some of his Gnats to replace your top hook. Just add minnows and catch fish.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use two different setups ....

1/2oz egg sinker + 1/16oz jighead + various colors/styles of plastic bodies + minnow

Two 1/4oz splitshot sinkers + #2 Aberdeen bronze hook + minnow

Still in the process of learning the spider rigging technique. Would still "prefer" to cast a jig, but willing to use whatever technique is most productive at that time/place.

Stay versatile & you'll be better equipped to present your bait to the fish, in the most effective and productive way.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

There's quite a few different ways that folks will rig theirs. When I'm running jigs, I will use a three way swivel at the top, with about a 10' tag line. Sometimes this will be a bare hook or some sort of teezer. From there, I run down with about 36" of line. Then I will just run my line through the egg sinker 3 or 4 times at the depth I want to separate the two lines. About 10" below the egg sinker I will tie a loop knot with a jig head of some sort, if not some sort of spinner head.