Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming ice Season!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Upcoming ice Season!!

Do you or anyone in your specific area anticipate a better ice season then last year? Our ice season last year in Northern Indiana was only about 1 to 2 weeks long.Maybe the early cold weather is a sign? I HOPE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    “While global warming has taken up much of our attention (as well as news coverage), our winter predictions are pointing towards widespread cold from coast to coast, especially for the western sections of the country,” shares Peter Geiger, Philom., Editor. Geiger continues, “The cold may not be as frigid as 30 or 40 years ago, but we do expect this to be the coldest winter we’ve seen for quite a few years.” And, after last year’s unusual warmth, this chill might make winter harder than usual.

The 2007 Farmers’ Almanac, released August 28, 2006, predicts the frigid temperatures, as much as 20 degrees below seasonal norms (and nearly 40 degrees colder than last winter), for Montana, the Dakotas and parts of Wyoming. For the Gulf Coast up through New England, unseasonably cold, or “shivery,” conditions are expected.

Snow, and lots of it, is also forecast for the nation’s midsection, parts of New England, and the mountains of the Pacific Northwest. “The Great Lakes and Ohio River Valley may be the only area spared the extreme cold,” reveals Sandi Duncan, Philom., Managing Editor, “but this is not to say this area won’t be without its cold spells and significant snowfalls.”

I hope it is better than last year here in Minnesota.We had some icefishing contests that were moved to other lakes due to the lakes not being frozen completely in the middle,specifically Gull Lake in Brainerd,Mn.

I unfortunately can't go icefishing,due to Doctor's orders...
    CrappieMagnet

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope we have a better season, I actually never got on the ice last year. So my wife was getting tired of me sitting in my shanty on the deck praying to the ice Gods.
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get out either. Poor auger thinks we don't love it anymore. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I got out quite a bit up and over here last year and hope to get out sooner this year ( Dec. 3rd last year ). :D
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i was able to make one trip on a weekend over here. around st. louis most people will tell you the lakes never freeze enough, they're wrong.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

How did you do?

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope that map is right..... Cold and snow look good to me. We haven't had much of a winter for several years.... Looking forward to some ice..

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Im feeling the Ice Fishing Fever also little bit of Cabin Fever is setting in.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope we get enough ice this year. Last year we had periodic thaws throughout the winter and the ice never got thick enough. I hope I can icefish for the first time this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast