Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Question

I have a 6' 6" med light bionic blade and the cork handle is just a little to long. I was thinking about shaving it down with a miter saw...would that handle be solid cork all the way through?

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

No the rod blank will pass through the length of the handle. There wi be a seam where the but cal is glued on. My son had a the same rod had broke off the last 1-2 inches and you could see the blank in the remainder of the handle.
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I'd do it. There's a pretty good chance that the diameter of the rod blank is much smaller than the inner diameter of the cork. The manufacturer then builds up like bushings or arbors around the blank to meet the diameter, then adds epoxy. Depending on where these build ups are, the end of the handle could be loose, which could then cause the rest of the handle to loosen over time. You can watch videos on YouTube of how they do it to get a better idea of what I'm describing. Mudhole will have a video on YouTube and on their website. If you're intent on trying it, I'd certainly look at some videos