Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bubba Blade Size

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bubba Blade Size

For those of you that have the Bubba Blade do you like the 9in or the 7in better for fileting crappie? Going to purchase one but not sure on the size just yet. Any info would be much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, 9 inch...I think a smaller one would be better for crappie. I use mine for salt water fish. Prefer electric for crappie.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I normally use electric but I feel I lose a lot of meat. I have a mister twister and hate it, I have seen some videos on the bubba blade looks pretty sharp but I am sure it takes some practice.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Crappie sized fish unless you catch monster slabs I'd go with the 7''.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the 9" flex Bubbablade. Tried to change the order a few minutes later and get the 9" tapered flex but was too late. You might want to look at some of the video's on their site and on youtube before making up your mind.

The reason I went with 9" is because of your blade has to go thru a lot of bones if you clean many fish. The knife I bought is like a thin butcher knife with a little flex to it. It is sharp but you have to wonder how long it's going to hold up. At $64 on sale (their site), it's a lot to invest on a knife and you want it to hold up.

My problem is, I'm not the best at keeping a keen edge on a knife. Nothing worse than trying to cut with a dull one.
    I'll post when I get more experience using it. My first few crappie made me put it away as I was losing some good meat. I'll put it down for now as my fault because of lack of experience. For now!