Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat cover question?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Boat cover question?

Time to buy a new cover for my boat. My old cover (that leaks and is covered in mildew) had a gusset sewn into the back that slipped OVER the outboard motor. It was a boat AND motor cover. It is in such bad shape, that I can not read the manufacturers tag to see who made it. I have done several searches online for another cover that will cover boat and motor, but have been unable to find one. Does anybody know who makes a cover like that? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks, guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Taylor made trailer lite semi-custom cover maybe. It would help to know what boat it's for.

http://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Made-Pr...3Q6ATM96J5YYM5

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about a boat cover with attached motor cover ... but I found this place when looking for a replacement boat cover for my boat :

http://www.nationalboatcovers.com/c/.../boat-all.html

Most places I looked had separate motor covers, but I wasn't checking all that hard ... I have a separate motor cover that's still in great shape, so I didn't need a combo cover.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry....

Polar Kraft MV 176 FF, Bass America package. 90 horsepower Merc on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out iboats.com they have a cover selection chart with boat types and names. You should be able to find what you are looking for.
    I have purchased a few tarps from them and was very happy with them.

Post Thanks / Like

If the boat cover does not go over the motor, it does not go all the way over the back of the boat, the motor stops it, and rain water flows down into the motor sump at the back. At least that is how I picture what will happen? Am I missing something?

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one on a old boat that I bought back in 95/96 from BP. Getting kinda rough but still works. It came with a separate motor cover. It came back far enough I could tie it down over transom and never got water into boat.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

If you can get a cover that lays flat as possable you will use less fuel towing the boat. Just get an engine cover if you want the motor covered.
    The void between the motor and boat, like the one you have now, creats a lot of drag.

Post Thanks / Like

It would help to know where you are from. If you are in the Kentucky/Barkley Lake area, there is a guy who custom makes them out of Skippers on 68-80, just before you cross the bridge over Barkley Lake. He can make them either way, with or w/o motor covers. Cover he made for my boat, he had a 2 rods that went into 2 vents at the top of the cover to let moisture escape. Good covers but EXPENSIVE!

Post Thanks / Like

When I got my bass boat I wanted a fitted cover, made specifically for my boat. When I saw the price I went a different way. I measured total length of boat PLUS motor and found a cover long enough for that distance. I pull the cover over the motor and use bungee cords to hold the cover in place at the transom. Worked great and saved a lot of money!
    To make life enjoyable, you must have crappie days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast