Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bass Tracker?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Tracker?

Hey everybody it's been a long time hope everybody is well. So the time has finally come my wife is almost done with nursing school and she already has a job waiting after she finishes so that means it's time to start boat shopping. Last weekend we looked at the bass tracker 175 tf. Just wondering if anybody has owned one of these or fished from one. Any feed back on the quality and durabity and all that good stuff would be much appreciated. Thanks Gents
    Seth M.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of fishing you wanting to do with it. Single poling, spider rigging. Bass tracker sells a lot of boats so you probably can't go to wrong with it, but there are other boats that may suit your needs better depending what you want to do. If you are spider rigging there are other boats G3, Lowe 175 stinger plus others that are set up for that with 2 seats side by side up front. The tracker has wooden decks as does the G3 but that isn't a problem if you are storing it inside or with a cover. You will get 25 different answers on what to buy and all are good boats but they all have one little thing that makes that different from the others.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new old stock left over 2012 tracker 175 twx last May and fished it alot over the past year. Overall it has been a great boat for me but as stated you will get alot of different opinions and it all depends on what you like and the type of fishing you do. Me coming from a 14' tin can with a 10hp it was like a major upgrade and fit all my needs but of course I still want a bigger faster boat, but i dont think that will every change.

It has the 60hp on runs great planes nice and does ok in a real rough water. I considered the 75hp upgrade but at the time I read it was a jump to a bigger engine block size which added overall weight and the extra weight versus the extra 15hp really just cancels each other in speed (maybe a 2 mph gain) and equaled less gas mileage so I stuck with the 60hp. I mostly fish smithville and would be more then willing to meet you and take you out in it and take it for a spin to see if its what you really want before you drop the coin on a boat you have never drivin or fished from. Just let me know
    David D.

Post Thanks / Like

Love my tracker

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would take up that offer to go out in one and see if you like it! I fell into a great deal on my PT175 2005 w/75hp, so I bought it. I was looking for a deeper boat because I don't like the step up onto the deck, but I got what I got so I'm not going to complain. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned two trackers, pro crappie 175 and a 175 trw or twx or something like that any way darn good boat for dipping, casting, lots of storage, big live well in the back. no live well up front, but the storage up front is so much I put a cooler in the starboard side and just drop the fish in there, inside ice stays all day easy to take out when get home, 60 hp 4 stroke, quiet, quick,and easy on fuel, tows great, loads easy un loads easy, great boat, Don't spider rig but troll a lot two pole, and crank baits, have terrova on the front, love it, couple good depth finders and go man go.

just could not afford a glass boat or I would own one, heaver and more stable while fishing brush in the wind, but I catch a lot of brush fish from the front of the tracker, so again great boats............. luck to ya

Post Thanks / Like

really depends on what kind of water you will be fishing. I've had a tracker tournament v18 for 10 years and I love it. great for smaller water and big enough to handle the loz on a rough day. I keep thinking about buying a brand new boat but don't know if it would fish any better. If you can get anything with a mod v bottom id really recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 18ft Targa 03. Its been a great boat for Truman Lake. Will take any water you can find around here. Love the windshield for winter fishing. Two large live wells and two bait wells. Its has had rough treatment and held up great. 110 four stroke pushes it fine.
    Likes sacriverjim LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I fish the heck out of my Tracker TX 17. Now that I have upgraded electronics and the trolling motor to Maxxum 70, I am really happy with it. The transom mounted transducer is the only really big drawback that I will bring up. Fishing stumps with a transducer mounted on the outside is going to present some problems. Mine flips up fairly easily, but already this year I broke the bracket that is attached to the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Average boat owner in the U.S. keeps a boat over 10 years in this day and time. Know you want to get on the water but understand that you will likely have a boat for awhile. You may have found your best match or it could be a different model of that brand or a different brand. There is much more than the boat to consider; engine, engine warranty, trolling motor, electronics, trailer, storage compartments, dealer support, financing, etc. Take your time, enjoy the process, it should be fun, if it doesn't feel like fun walk away. Don't forget used boats. No two people use a boat exactly the same, you're doing good by getting advise, now apply your own needs and fishing styles and you're on your way. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast