Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It's 2013 all over again

Post Thanks / Like

Angry It's 2013 all over again

Well, all the rivers around Missy and Sally are at flood stage and the reservoirs are filling up, and just as the fishing was starting to look good. This is 2011 and 2013 all over again. Any bets if they will get the Missy back down to where it was before the water temps get to high ? I would love to be catching crappie and white bass at Hogsback in a few weeks, but I'm not holding my breath with more rain coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats why i fished every chance i had the last 2 weeks, figured it was a matter of time before the rains came and messed it up good. I don't know why they were keeping it at 6 foot above winter pool anyway especially when rain was forecasted for days. The rivers could have handled the water at that time. Seen Peru had about the highest total of rain in all of northern indiana at over 3 inches, and that was with them missing most of the rain from last night that was originally forecasted. Don't think it will get as bad as last year, but more rain on Monday so it isn't going to be good for a while either.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully they had Patoka drawn down really low, but after most all of Southern Indiana got near 6" of rain it is going to be real high. Indian Creek here in Harrison County by my place was the second highest tonight that I have seen it in the 17 years I have lived here.

Post Thanks / Like

Missy just hit summer pool and the river is holding steady at about 10' and 12' is flood stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they are letting some of the water out now, the river jumped over 3 feet down there at 9 am. Another half inch rain possible monday, the rest of the week looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, it might turn around, good thing the water temp is still in the 40's, so let's hope they get it drawn down before 55*