Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Oz and the Bluffs Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Oz and the Bluffs Question

I'm headed down to Lake Oz this weekend. Have never worked the bluffs for crappie and it just drives me crazy. I've done the structure thing the docks and some spider rigging all around the lake. But, I've never put time in on the bluff walls. I'm gonna work them this weekend just to kill the curosity I guess. Anyhow, anyone has any suggestions feel free to pass them along because I'm flying blind this wknd. HELP
    The fish you release may be a kids fish of a lifetime!

Post Thanks / Like

As your easing down the bluffs look for cables anchored and going to the water. Lots and lots of trees hanging along the bluffs that people put in and can be some amazing fishing. Good luck and don't count out rocky banks in 10-15 fow with the wind blowing into them.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.
    Likes Double D LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The bluffs around Purvis can be lights out if you hit them right. Look for cuts in the bank that create a shelf. The fish stage on the shelves and ambush prey. Also look for sunken brush, use a heavier WEEDLESS jig head throw over the brush and bump it on the way up. Also riggin along the bluff is a good way to quickly locate fish since some of the bluff walls are long. Id imaging corking on a bluff point could be productive right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info we'll be putting in at pb 2 anything near there or just cruise a bunch of bluffs and beat em up

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun with the 1000 other bass boats ripping around all weekend. The Big Bass Bash is this weekend and PB2 is always a hot area. You will have lots of company.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, the guys Im going down with this weekend are going to fish the big bass bash. Im just fun fishin for slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, PB2 is one of the start points for the BBB so you'll have lots of company (I think I read something like close to 1400 entries for the last one). I would probably be there except I don't like crowds like that and I (of course) have a military obligation this weekend.

That said, if you don't mind a nice boat ride or if you want to put in at a less busy spot, you could go to LORA or McCubbins area. there are some descent bluffs in that area that I've caught some good ones off of in the summer pulling cranks.
    Likes Hookin'&Cookin' LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ol internet scouting.....there are a million bluffs here. Go find one and fish it.

Post Thanks / Like

nice first post
    -Justin. Just a forum stalker/BS'er......

Post Thanks / Like

Ya gotta love it