Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Canoe Fishing KY lake need help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canoe Fishing KY lake need help!!

I cant afford a boat so I canoe fish KY lake for crappie and whatever will big a jig on light tackle.. what is the best location to put in to get into great fishing without going far??? Put in at wildcat and only caught 2 lb bass and a yellow bass all day.... suggestions???

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murray State Outdoors View Post
    I cant afford a boat so I canoe fish KY lake for crappie and whatever will big a jig on light tackle.. what is the best location to put in to get into great fishing without going far??? Put in at wildcat and only caught 2 lb bass and a yellow bass all day.... suggestions???
    Ask over on the KY state forum. I can't guarantee any "specific" answers, but there may be some that will chime in. I think, right now the Crappie are likely in shallow water ... so the very backs of bays and along a Northern shoreline might be a good place to start. Back a couple of weeks ago we had a 21 boat tourney down there, and most teams with heavier weights caught their fish in water less than 10ft deep ... some in 3-5ft. These were mostly Black Crappie, and they were in a pre-spawn feeding mode.
    You also might want to ask that any info shared with you, be sent to you by PM.
    You might also consider fishing very early & very late in the day, especially on the bigger creeks & bays ... as the warmer weather is going to bring out the heavy traffic. You'll know about where the fish are, according to where the crowds are ... and how they're fishing.

.... luck2ya & to Crappie.com

... cp