Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie landing net

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie landing net

I have seen people crappie fishing and using a net that seems to be 8 to 10 ft long. I am not able to find one at BPS. Where should I look for one.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger R61 View Post
    I have seen people crappie fishing and using a net that seems to be 8 to 10 ft long. I am not able to find one at BPS. Where should I look for one.
    Thanks
    Some purchase a net like this: http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...duct/10205343/
    then get an extendable paint pole from your local big box store, to use in place of the handle provided.
    Extendable poles come in a variety of lengths.
    Just a side note: you will have to make some modifications to the pole end to mate up with the net.

To better control the net, go to the dollar store and purchase a swim noodle, cut a 12 inch length and slide it onto the end of the pole near the net.
    This will keep the net on the surface of the water, while reaching out to net the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger
    there is all manner of handle extensions some people use on existing nets. I use a net called Ego Net
    https://www.adventureproducts.com/index.html
    they are the normal size of a regular net, have a big button on the grip that makes them effortless to extend in an instant.
    love mine! i have seen them all the way up to 9 or 10 feet fully extended. i believe mine is 29 inches, and extends to 60 inches. fits well in my boat. They are a little pricey, but they have a 2 year warranty, and they float!
    -We don't need no stinkin' minners!--

www.picolures.com
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

EGO nets!
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just an observation on the paint pole extension. I used one I had and also changed the net material to a rubber mesh to avoid the tangles. It works but it is heavy enough to be cumbersome. This is a result of the rubber net being heavier, plus the added weight of the paint pole.
    I saw a very simple arrangement at a bait shop recently and bought it. It has an aluminum handle like most run of the mill nets do, but it is 5 ft long and has an insert that lets you extend it to almost 10 ft. It is very light and handy to use. I have not decided whether to change the net material to the rubber mesh yet. It is so light I hate to add the weight but if you get a crappie netted and have a 2 hook tightline rig with 1 oz wt. on it, you can spend some time untangling the mess.
    I paid $25 for this net, first time I had seen one like it. The Ego nets are nice but they are pricey too.
    The tip about the swim noodle on the end to keep it afloat is a good one. I may add that to mine.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies

Post Thanks / Like

academy has some fairley cheep

Post Thanks / Like

Big River Marine at West Memphis AR sales long handle nets. Give Bill Burnett a call he will treat you right.
    Likes Wildthang LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaRay View Post
    Just an observation on the paint pole extension. I used one I had and also changed the net material to a rubber mesh to avoid the tangles. It works but it is heavy enough to be cumbersome. This is a result of the rubber net being heavier, plus the added weight of the paint pole.
    I saw a very simple arrangement at a bait shop recently and bought it. It has an aluminum handle like most run of the mill nets do, but it is 5 ft long and has an insert that lets you extend it to almost 10 ft. It is very light and handy to use. I have not decided whether to change the net material to the rubber mesh yet. It is so light I hate to add the weight but if you get a crappie netted and have a 2 hook tightline rig with 1 oz wt. on it, you can spend some time untangling the mess.
    I paid $25 for this net, first time I had seen one like it. The Ego nets are nice but they are pricey too.
    The tip about the swim noodle on the end to keep it afloat is a good one. I may add that to mine.
    The pole you are talking about above is for a frog gig , I've been eyeballing the one in my shed since my net went for a ride on my way Clinton Lake Saturday morn. I bought a new one Sunday from BassProShops that's 5 foot long but it ways as much as the frog gig pole that extends way out there 10-12 feet or more . I think I'll go measure it and take a pic see if it I'd the same as you were talking about . Be back soon Gents

Post Thanks / Like

EGO is the one.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast