Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: They took the time

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default They took the time

I'm a transplant to my Tennessee home. Having moved from Florida here was a big change in my fishing world. Everything in FL was hot, shallow and weedy. Local lakes are impoundments with fluctuating water levels so there were no weeds like I was used to, water over 20' and under 60* was uncommon for me. The result was I had a hard time catching fish, and when I did I didn't understand why so that I could repeat it. Enter Crappie.com and the local folks that I began speaking with on this forum regularly. I would ask questions, vent my frustrations, and learn a bit on every visit. I guess I must have sounded extra pitiful cuz a few of them said something like "we can talk about this forever, but why don't you meet me at the ramp Saturday morning and I'll show you". And so it began. Friendships were made that endure today. Not long down the road came the Middle Tennessee Crappie Club that I was invited to join in on the ground floor, which I still belong to. Through these friendships and helping hands that were once extended to me I am now able to help others catch fish on a regular basis, thereby passing it on as was once done for me. This CDC family, and especially my local brothers mean the world to me. I can't thank them enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post bum

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator
    Likes Fish on Line LIKED above post