Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bubba knife

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bubba knife

Anybody ever used any of the Bubba knives? Just wondering if they were worth paying money for.
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

Ttt
    Wood

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one from ABH on here and I really like the feel of it a lot, so much that I bought another one in the 7" fillet style. If and when I get out and catch some fish I will be able to give my opinion. If I can make it work like the guy who does the info-commercials then I will be totally happy. The thing is being patient, if that guy can do it that easy then I should be able to use it like that too. Patients and practice will make it pay for it's self. Ferdi

Post Thanks / Like

about a month ago there was some discussion for the bubba knife. maybe you can find it and it will help

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I did buy the 9" flex bladed one a couple of weeks ago. They have a video on their website showing how a guide who said he had filleted thousands of crappie used it. Needless to say, after trying it on a few and wasting some meat, I put it up and picked up my old electric fillet knife and finished the rest. I was fish hungry and didn't want to waste any meat.
    I'll pick it up and try again before too long when the crappie start rolling. Until then, I'm using old faithful to make sure I get all the meat off the bones. I think it will take a little while to get the hang of using the Bubbablade.

Post Thanks / Like

Any change in equipment is going to take some getting used to.

I have been using a knife like this one, http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?...productID=3041 , since the 70's and have cleaned a lot of fish and not wasted any meat.

During that time I have tried some other fillet knives and have returned to the old Buck every time as they just never seemed to do any better than what I was already using, or just didn't feel right in my hand. Granted, they were inexpensive knifes, and that may have had something to do with their performance.

I am going to try it again with the Bubba this year. So far it feels good in my hand, I will have to wait to catch some fish this year to see how it actually works.